1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Sulfur-containing detoxing agents and CBS-Gene-Mutations

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Prema, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Prema

Prema

Austria
    Hello,

can anybody help me to understand what happens with the sulfur-containing detox-remedies in the body!? I would like to know why one would easily have problems with the use of DMPS or DMSA if You have (a little) CBS-Gene- mutation.
    It is said that one should be careful with DMPS or even chlorella-algae if one has CBS-gene-mutations. But DMPS or chlorella does not go into the cells! Do those CBS-genes then really matter? Doesn't DMPS go out of the body unchanged via urine?

And if sulfur comes into the cell, it goes directly into the transsulfuration-pathway, I guess (?) What determines whether the end-product finally is sulfite or sulfate or ammoniac or glutathion?

:) Pema
  2. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    If you're talking about the Yasko-tested ones, then no, those CBS SNPs don't really matter.
  3. Prema

Prema

Austria
    Hi Valentijn,
    I did my test with 23andMe and have also got BHMT-Genes and NOS +/-
    I took quite a lot of sulfur- containing detoxing remedies over the last two years, and would really like to understand how this toxic sulfite or ammoniac can come about as a result in the cell's transsulfuration-pathway...!!

I had reactions that felt like meningitis from small amounts of methyl-donors (B6/B9/B12) with phosphatidycholin/serin. The symptoms are getting weaker when I drop the methyl-donors, so I guess that's not from activated infection like borrelia. So I am wondering whether I have to do a poor-sulfur diet and take care with the heavy-metal detoxing with DMPS etc. in the future?
  4. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    @Prema, my CBS genes, as indicated by Yasko, indeed do have a big impact on my health. I've eliminated all high-thiols foods from my diet. I also found lowering my B complex to low-dose B comp eliminated a sulfur-related holding in connective tissue, as had happened in my initial elimination of sulfur from my diet.

I've been using chlorella for about a year. I've been amazed that this has been tolerated. It's the only sulfur-containing substance I'm using. I wasn't willing to use DMPS or EDTA.

I've been in an intensive period of coffee enemas for detox. Initially I felt v toxic following them. I found that taking histamine-reducing and sulfur/ammonia-reducing supps immediately after stopped this toxicity. As time has gone on, I've needed less of both these types of supps. I also began adding things into my final, "clear water" enema to minimize my responses. During this process of experimentation I began adding chlorella to the first water enema (#1 water, #2, 3 coffee, #4 water). This seems to be really helpful. Now, some weeks into this process, I've been testing for no chlorella in my juice, just the 1 Tb in the enema. I don't know the pathway, I just continue on according to my self-testing and symptoms. Chlorella binds metals, I believe, which is what I'm eliminating.

Here's a link I've just come across re Klinhardt's Detox protocol.cheers, ahmo

http://customers.hbci.com/~wenonah/new/9steps.htm
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  5. Prema

Prema

Austria
    Hi ahmo, how did You know You where releasing sulfur after lowering the B-complex?
    I am also doing coffee-enemas now because my liver is aching since I started the methyl-Bs.

From Klinghardt I learned a lot, also his komplex kinesiological testing. My teacher had told me, after some time the body might want to have a break with sulfer-stuff, but I had not got an explanation from her, and I would really like to understand how these things work out in detail!
    (I did not continue muscle-testing and I will probably try with urine-stripes for sulfur- testing now.)
  6. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    Hi Prema. Yay, another CE fan! I was feeling terrible after the enemas. I'd switched from dark roast to light roast to Wilson's special roast, which made a huge difference. but I still felt toxic. I self-tested for supps: histamine and sulfur/ammonia. so I started adding those supps straight after the final coffee enema, before the final water one. this helped. I still needed footbaths w/ additional supps after the whole thing. I was v happy to see Klinghardt on the vid talking about his testing method, it's similar to what I do. As time has gone by, I test for less of these things, and I'm feeling better and better after each series. It's become my full time job over the last 4 months: 4 days on, 2 days off. I'm afraid I'm not so great at the scientific explanations, but self-testing has beenmy means of moving forward.

Oh, I see I missed the whole point of your question! Initially when I eliminated sulfur/hi thiols from my diet, I had relief from some of my remaining connective tissue holdings and my extremely loose shoulder joint tightened up, positively. Actually, the reason I first eliminated sulfur was because of facial eczema. 50% of it cleared within 24 hours of eliminating histamines. the remaining 50% cleared after I stopped eating high thiol. Bye bye garlic, etc. Then when I lowered from my high dose Bs to low-dose, within about 24 hours the remaining restriction from my frozen shoulder disappeared. I need to eat some breakfast now, if there's more, let me know. Sorry, I'm a bit off my schedule. :rolleyes:

See more popular forum discussions.