• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sulfite sensitivity and ALA

Peyt

Hi,
Does anyone know if ALA is forbidden for Sulfite intolerant persons?
I have been effectively treating my Sulfite sensitivities with Molybdenum and B12, however, I feel low in energy. Looking at CoQ10 and ALA to help improve energy, but thought I check on this first before starting.
Thanks so much.
Peyt

xrayspex

how much molybdenum do you take? I use that sometimes too for chem sensitivities and do not feel good with sulfites and sulphur stuff (like eggs and garlic avoid )
what is ALA?

Peyt

how much molybdenum do you take? I use that sometimes too for chem sensitivities and do not feel good with sulfites and sulphur stuff (like eggs and garlic avoid )
what is ALA?
I am only taking 100 mcg of Moly with no side effects. I take 50 mcg in the morning and 50 mcg in the afternoon... I have seen people take up to 500 mcg per day though, it really depends on the persons situation... (it's a trail and error process to see what your body needs)

ALA= alpha lipoic acid