• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Suggestions when seeing a new dentist

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I know how you feel. It's overwhelming. I realized after my appointment with a new guy that all he did was look in my mouth for ways to make money and not do a real exam. I have cavities on the front of my teeth that are visible to the naked eye that he missed so now I have to go again to a new dentist.

I think you have to put yourself in the right mind set. If you get that freaked out, take something before you go.

I have TMJ so I make sure I close my mouth and stretch my jaw a lot. If you need a break, take one.

Another thing is to ask for numbing that does not have epinephrine in it. It doesn't last as long but it won't amp you up.

Don't worry about them understanding. Just say you have had bad experiences and leave it at that.

I'm going to see if I can get as much done in one appointment since it's such an ordeal getting there. Maybe that'll help you.

I'm paying the price for not going sooner.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I think its ongoing infections in the body that cause the on off pain in the teeth, I also get ear pain which also goes away after a few days normally, I went to a walk in centre last time I had it, of course it was 'everything looks just fine'
WTH is causing the pain then? they don't care as they can't see anything. Go to your GP if it persists is the advice and then it goes away again. The mysteries of ME:( oh and Lyme in my case.

Allyson

Not sure about ME but EDS definitely causes several dental issues
weak crumbly teeth,
tendency to periodontitis,
dental crowding,
TMJ and teeth grinding

EDSers also often need more local anaesthetic for dental procedures

HOpe this helps some

Ally