New Atmosphere, New Vision: Gibson and Whittemore Kick Off Invest in ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry reports on Dr. Gibson's introduction and Dr. Whittemore's keynote speech, at the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Suggestions on How to manage orginizing pills?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by Offset Entity, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Offset Entity

Offset Entity

I Take 19 Vitamin/ supplement pills every day BASE Plus I have 4 or 5 others i take as needed. about half the pills are around 00 size.

I really Struggle to keep them organized and remember to take them every day. I really want a pill sorter/ daily organizer that can manage my quantity. right now i sort them into little baggies for each day but it is causing me extra work and wasting plastic.

Anyone have an awesome pill sorter or an alternative idea to recommend?

2. Alvin2

Alvin2 If humans were rational...

Shot glasses?
    Though spilling would become a huge concern, if your taking that many i bet the cost per month is high.

Luther Blissett likes this.
  3. Sbag

Sbag

Spice jars?

4. Luther Blissett

Luther Blissett Senior Member

Yorkshire, England
    Would something like in the picture work for you?

[​IMG]

It's called "ezy dose stackable pill reminder", and comes in small medium and large sizes.
    Not sure of country availability.

They stack on top of each other and have the days written too.

Offset Entity and Valentijn like this.
  5. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Making the most of it

Australia
    This is what I use. I bought it at a pharmacy. IMG_2933.JPG I think they are available in bigger sizes. I'd be lost without it.

IreneF, Mrs Sowester, MEMum and 4 others like this.
  6. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

7. Offset Entity

Offset Entity

thanks everyone for your suggestions

@Luther Blissett
    that ez dose stacker looks like it would work you got around the same amount of stuff as me in there. I'm gonna look for it online. Thanks

@AndyPandy
    I've used that kind before. Even with the largest size I could find it took 5+slots for one days worth. Thanks for the suggestion though!

@Alvin2
    Shot glasses and small dishes are great for sorting day but as storage they would be a nightmare. Thanks for the idea though! And yes they do cost a lot can only afford them through parents.

8. Luther Blissett

Luther Blissett Senior Member

Yorkshire, England
    :thumbsup: it seemed available on amazon and ebay, so i guess they are mass produced somewhere.

9. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Mid-Ohio Valley, United States
    I've got a tiny one in a little, silver zip-up bag -- maybe three inches by two. I take half my pills in the morning, and the other half around 2pm, so I've got to carry the second set with me.

[​IMG]
    Like this, basically.

My pill bottles are lined up in a cupboard and nothing is behind anything else: all the everyday stuff is in one, straight line. If I remove a bottle, and look up, it's clearly the bottle to the right that I need to take out, next. Good for when you're sleepy or brain-fogged!

IreneF and Valentijn like this.
  10. Learner1

Learner1 Professional Patient

Pacific Northwest
    JaimeS likes this.
  11. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Mid-Ohio Valley, United States
    Yes, I find it (is 'funny' the word?) that I'm using a weekly organizer for just my 2 o'clock meds.

Learner1 likes this.
  12. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

I use a pill box with compartments that I fill up each morning with all my pills for the day. It's sort of like the one @JaimeS posted but with slightly bigger compartments. I use one of the compartments to hold all my "as needed" pills (over the counter pain killers, migraine meds, etc.).

Here's a photo of one that's similar (different color) to mine:
    (click to get full size)

Red-Pill-Box.jpg
    I got mine in the drug store but they're also easy to find online.

13. Firefly_

Firefly_ Senior Member

Oklahoma, USA
    I've had trouble finding organizors big enough for a weeks worth of pills so I just line up 10 plastic colored shot glasses for a.m. and 10 for p.m. meds, (I use a specific color for morning, and different one for night or I'd certainly screw that up!) and if I have to travel I dump each dose into snack sized plastic baggies.

IreneF and Learner1 like this.

See more popular forum discussions.