1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Sugar-free MethylB12 tablets?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Sherpa, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Sherpa

Sherpa Ex-workaholic & adrenaline junkie

South Florida, USA
    I tried 1/4 of a Enzymatic B12 infusion sublingual this AM and felt some kind of pleasant buzz - I hope this indicates a deficiency that can be corrected with Active B12.

I have read Enzymatic Infusion is recommended for absorption - but it contains sugar... the worst and most toxic kind of sugar (fructose). Not very kosher for a sublingual.

What are the "second best" sugar-free sublingual MethylB12 options?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  2. deleder2k

deleder2k Senior Member

Oslo, Norway
  3. Sherpa

South Florida, USA
    I want 1000mg sublingual tablets to start.

Thank you for this sugar-free recommendation @deleder2k. However, I heard reviews on here and elsewhere that Jarrow Methyl b12 is not as good as it used to be. Have you taken it recently with good effects?

I tried 1/4 tablet of the sugar-based Enzymatic Therapy B12 infusion and got a small response this morning... so I believe it's good... but surely it can't be the only product on the market that works. I am wondering which are considered "4 star" or "second best."

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  4. deleder2k

deleder2k Senior Member

Oslo, Norway
    I have taken it for three weeks. Haven't noticed anything really..

5. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    My suggestion is that you get things going and balanced on the ENZY then order perhaps 10 different brands. Do a week on a brand or until your symptoms start worsening. Then switch back to the ENZY, get it going to the same standard as before for a week, then try another brand. Repeat the cycle always starting from your known position. You might end up with 1 or two others after trying all ten. Then repeat the cycles but 2 weeks long. Keep increasing the length of the trial. If it works and continues healing, including the CNS especially for 3 months you have a winner. You might have to go through several groups of 10 until you hopefully find a suitable one or more. You will also find that it isn't the difference between a 1mg and a 5mg that makes a difference. The difference amount makes is how deep it penetrates and for some of us, if it can get into the cerebral spinal fluid in large enough quantity. It is a qualitative aspect of the MeCbl itself.

The Country Life 5mg passed the week test for me but I just couldn't get enough into my CSF to hold equilibrium. I know it didn't absorb well enough. It might be good enough. I couldn't make the trial work and I monitor it by urine colorimetry. When I went back to injections, I had startup all over again in the CNS and had a number of increasing SACD and mood changes.

None of the tablets are labeled sub lingual since that is against FDA rules. Various brands were forced to change their labeling.

Sherpa likes this.
  6. Victronix

Victronix Senior Member

California
    Country Life does not appear to list a 5mg B-12 on their website -

http://www.country-life.com/category/b-vitamins

I'm starting to have receding gums and am considering moving from the current Enzymatic Therapy B12 Infusion, although I don't know for certain that it is the cause. If Enzy had a 5mg version I would try that but I'm not seeing such a product.

So at this point it looks like I will need to move back to Jarrow and try the 5mg to limit the number of tablets my gums are exposed to. Xylitol at least is better than fructose for gums, I assume.

7. Mogwai

Mogwai

Auckland, NZ
    You can get the Country Life 5mg B-12 on iherb:

http://www.iherb.com/Country-Life-G...en-US&w=country life b12&rc=1457&sr=null&ic=4

8. Victronix

Victronix Senior Member

California
    Thanks, but if it's not on their main website, I'm wondering if they are planning on discontinuing it. I guess I'll send off an email.

Mogwai likes this.
  9. Bansaw

Bansaw

Does anyone know of a brand of B12 sublingual that doesn't harm teeth in any way?
    (I've heard some stories of people who have used sublingual b12 for while and suffered tooth decay. )

10. Bansaw

Bansaw

11. Sherpa

South Florida, USA
    In other threads, a couple people have recommended the Solgar B12 nuggets as a "4 star" or effective brand.

12. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

That's interesting. I wouldn't have expected that because they dissolve under the tongue in record time. They are very convenient for that reason but at the same time if the duration of contact with the mouth's mucosa is critical for absorption I don't know how well they could really work.

I used to take the 1mg version, then switched to slower dissolving brands and found better results. I suppose part of this is subjective.

These days I need higher doses of methyl-B12 so I am looking for a good 5mg brand because I don't want to keep sucking "candies" all the day and damaging my teeth.

13. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Some people dissolve them more slowly under the gums. No methylB12 is going to be absorbed there, but I suppose it trickles down to the sublingual area or straight to the GI tract.

14. Victronix

Victronix Senior Member

California
    Okay, Country Life got back to me and they are not discontinuing the 5mg version, just that I couldn't find it with a search on their site --

http://countrylifevitamins.com/store/methyl-b-12-5000mg

xylitol, cellulose, dextrin, L-leucine, natural flavors, silica

Jarrow 5 mg methyl B12 has --

xylitol, cellulose, stearic acid (vegetable source), natural flavor, citric acid and magnesium stearate (vegetable source).

Which is better? I'm not sure I want to be taking a single amino acid (l-leucine) along with my B-12 every day when it has mixed effects, according to wikipedia.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014

See more popular forum discussions.