1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Suffering and spirituality 2

Discussion in 'Spirituality and ME/CFS' started by Nielk, Aug 27, 2011.

1. madietodd

madietodd Senior Member

East Coast, USA
    Ah, sorry I doubted that you're doing everything you can. I'm still furious that this is the best doctors can offer, and I'll remain hopeful that you'll find different types of medication that will give you the rest and relief you need.
  2. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Thanks Maddie. It really helps me knowing that you and others on the forum care. I appreciate each and every hug that has been sent my way.
    You guys are really great and I don't know what I would do if I firstly didn't have this safe place to express myself and in turn the support is critical.
    I truly appreciate it.
    Sending hugs back to all of you.:hug::hug::hug:
    ahimsa likes this.
  3. allyann

allyann Senior Member

Melbourne Australia
    Hugs to you Nielk,

I am praying for you that you find some relief soon. I agree that it is good to just accept the way you are feeling and understand that it will eventually pass. IMO, accepting the way you feel and then actually just letting yourself feel the raw feelings, helps you get to the point where you can move on. Continually trying to push through doesn't help.

Please know that you have lots of friends here who know how you are feeling and will always be here to listen.

:hug::hug::hug::hug:
    ahimsa and Nielk like this.
  4. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Thank you.:thumbsup::hug::thumbsup:
  5. john66

john66 Senior Member

Hi Neilk, truly sorry to hear that you are going through a bad time. I know how difficult it can be with the decision to stay on/go off meds, especially addictive ones. I would like to offer support for what ever you decide, but please keep in mind that you are not using these things recreationaly and with all of the celebrity issues with drugs, the national conversation in the media can make you think things that are not necessarily appropriate to your situation. I say this, because I had abruptly withdrawn from pain killers, which were helping with back issues. I toughed it out! This led me to CFS, after I quit, I didnt sleep for five days and never have slept normally since then. I got lectured from a holier than thou doctor who never saw an MRI-you are an addict! I never took more than perscribed and never got medications illegally. Believe yourself and look after your needs.
  6. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Thank you John for your empathy and for your objective advice.:)
  7. Mary Poppins

Mary Poppins PJ Princess

How are you today, Nielk?
  8. Gavman

Gavman Senior Member

Sydney
    Pain is such a massive thing. I find the past when we were halted or unsure of ourselves and that anxiety that we drove back down, is healthy to release. To see, hear and feel as that little child and let it out, when it was shut down by unknowing parents, family or friends.
  9. Merry

Merry Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Dear Nielk,

I happened to see in Dr. Jamie Deckoff-Jones's blog today that she mentions that some people with intractable pain are helped by normobaric oxygen treatment:

"I have now heard from quite a few people, in addition to my own patients, that have tried normobaric oxygen by concentrator or tank with various delivery systems, but all using >5L/min for a half hour at least a few times a week. Responses vary from nothing to wow, maybe 50% clear responders. It seems to help more noticeably with sicker patients and be especially useful for intractable pain, the toughest of the tough to treat."

http://www.x-rx.net/blog/

But I know you've been in pain for a long time, so perhaps this is something you've already tried. In that case: :(
  10. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Hi Merry,

Thanks for thinking of me. I have never tried this oxygen treatment. I don't even know where to try it but, I'll look into it.

I appreciate it.:)
  11. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    [video=youtube_share;FvbZ5zSZYSE]http://youtu.be/FvbZ5zSZYSE[/video]

PLEASE, NO MORE

God, please give me a break here.
    Can you send me some relief?
    I need a listening comforting ear.
    Please, no more tests of my belief.

I can use some sunshine my way.
    A reason to smile and dry my tears.
    Please keep my suffering at bay.
    Let me be able to enjoy my dears.

I cannot do this without your help.
    You move mountains and split seas.
    Can you dim my pain, to stop my yelp?
    I am beseeching you down on my knees.

I lay humbled, broken in pain and mind
    I don't know; will I still see better days?
    You are a God of mercy and kind.
    Did you just forget me inside a maize?

You create everything new in the world.
    Please help find a cure for this ailment.
    There are too many of us in bed all curled.
    This horror is in need of curtailment.

My head is in pain and spinning out of control.
    I would like to just sneak out the back door.
    The air is being sucked out of my soul.
    I think I had enough; please no more!
    ahimsa likes this.
  12. madietodd

madietodd Senior Member

East Coast, USA
    :hug: hugs :hug:
  13. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Thanks Madie.
  14. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Could it be, Nielk, that we've already been given the help we need to find a cure for ME? I'm reminded of Obama's invocation a year ago:

This year, Llewellyn King writes, So this is a disease that, even without a cure, the medical establishment has already indicated that it cannot afford:
    Mr. King's perspective helps me deal with your cry, Please, no more tests of my belief. Collectively, we've been given (I believe) a choice about finding a cure for ME. As a patient, I get to choose whether or not to forgive...

ACT UP's anniversary prompts in me other spiritual questions: Where was I when ACT UP began its desperate struggle 25 years ago? And collectively, how can we change the world now for Andrew McGorrian McMurdie?

15. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Nielk likes this.
  16. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    I am still here, and in the best health of my life because my prayers were answered. I was sent back from an NDE knowing that somehow I would regain my health but only by accepting it and doing what was needed. It would have been easier and far less painful to just die. Real help is not easily recognizable because it is rarely what one wants the way one wants it. In the end the strongest motivation to keep going was the vast pain. I woke up every morning for more than a decade in tears wishing I was dead after 25 years of untreated (everything BUT opioids, the only thing that works) increasing chronic pain before I got any significant relief. The Deadlock quartet basically wound the pain back about 35+ years, about 98%, at this point.

See more popular forum discussions.