1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
In Brief: The Adrenal Glands and ME
The second in a new series of ‘In Brief’ articles, where Andrew Gladman provides a helpful insight into the science behind fairly common topics, exploring how they relate to ME/CFS. This time he discusses the adrenal glands and why they can be such a talking point ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Success at Disability Hearing!

Discussion in 'Finances, Work, and Disability' started by Ema, May 15, 2012.

1. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    After 3 years of applying and waiting, I had my hearing today with the Administrative Law Judge for SSDI. The judge ruled in my favor on the spot (which almost never happens according to my lawyer) and found that my CFS and other related conditions rendered me completely disabled.

I just wanted to post and share my success because I know too often we only read the horror stories (and the process for SSDI is truly so difficult). Here's to the ALJ who "got" CFS and hopefully more like him will sit on the bench moving forward...
    August59, rachel, CJB and 5 others like this.
  2. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    Whoop! Congratulations Ema! :)
  3. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    Excellent, good for you for not giving up!
  4. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

That must be a relief. Hopefully you'll be able to get on with something more pleasant now that this is out of the way.
  5. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
  6. hixxy

hixxy Woof woof

Russell Island, Australia
    Congratulations! Thank god applying for disability is a lot easier in Australia!
  7. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Congratulations, it sounds such a nightmare system over there with having to wait as long as that.

See more popular forum discussions.