Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Sublingual D-ribose?

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Ninan, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Ninan

Ninan Senior Member

Anyone tried taking D-ribose sublingually? Seems it feeds my gut candida so I need to find another way or stop taking it (and get way worse). I tried taking 2,5 grams with water in my mouth for ten minutes. Fifteen minutes after I got irregular heart beats and head ache (I never get head aches). Suspect that means I absorbed it and took too much/kept it too long. But I wonder about dosage and timing. Guess I will have to take it more often since it probably disappears quicker when it goes right into the blood stream than when released through the colon. Any experiences on this?

2. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

Yeah, ribose is a killer for people with gut dysbiosis.
    I don't get upset by most sugars, in moderate quantities, and I don't have candida but a tiny bit of d-ribose can cause an earthquake down there :rolleyes:

It's likely that you can absorb it via the mouth mucosa, but you probably need a lower dose if it causes so many side effects. My (pretty obvious) suggestion would be to simply cut the dose in 1/2 or 1/4 and see if it works without backfiring.

cheers

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    zzz and Ninan like this.
  3. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

I take only 1/2 gram at a time orally. Someone here said that Dr. Myhill told her more frequent smaller doses are better. (I'm not suggesting that you take it orally, just that smaller is better.)

4. Ninan

Ninan Senior Member

How much do you take every day?

About Myhill: I'm not sure how well she understands D-ribose. She doesn't seem to know that that real effect for most people comes only after taking 10-15 grams/day (when swallowing it). There is a small and temporary rise in energy on lower doses but that's not even close the effect Teitelbaum found.

5. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

I take it four times/day because I get hypoglycemia if I take it on an empty stomach. IIFC, Dr. recommended six times/day. I don't really feel more energetic, but I can do more without getting post exertional exhaustion (more stamina). 10-15 grams/day would be expensive!

6. hvac14400

hvac14400 fatty & acid : )

so, would it be safe to say, that one have no candida & no dysbiosis if one can eat 3g of d-ribose 4 times a day after meals or before them (on an empty stomach) with no probs whatsoever?
    tho at the same time one can't consume more than 1 banana or 1 glass of milk without being gassy.

7. panckage

panckage Senior Member

Vancouver, BC
    Sublingual d-ribbose is great if you want your teeth to fall out. It is a sugar after all

Justin30 likes this.
  8. hvac14400

hvac14400 fatty & acid : )

See more popular forum discussions.