1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A disease with two faces? Re-naming ME/CFS
Persuasion Smith covers the bases on the misleading and disreputable name for our disease we've all been saddled with ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Sub-aerobic Prone Exercise?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by Valentijn, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Gavman

Gavman Senior Member

Sydney
    I'm not sure who taught you isometric but it doesnt have to be pit against each other and you can breathe through it. I like pressing against a wall in various positions to strengthen joints without having them in less stable positions.

I like dynamic tension ones, i think they are great. Theres a reason its part of a meditators relaxation techniques.

__

xrunner,

I'm getting tested for Marfans syndrome later this month, i'm tall but i'm not skinny to that degree, probably due to a healthy regime of exercise. Hyperflexibility is an indicator with that.

Have you ever had your calc/magnesium levels checked? Are you tall and skinny? Could be a needle in a haystack.. just checking.

2. xrunner

xrunner Senior Member

Surrey
    Hi Gav,
    yes I had them checked and those two were fine. I'm tall but not skinny. I'm not that flexible as in Ehlers-Danlos cases which I looked up (as I did not know about) but I clearly overdid for a few years with strecthes, yoga etc. which made me too flexible whilst my muscles were shrinking due to inactivity.
    Also I think that all that inflammation that we carry may be an additional aggravating factor.
    Good luck with that testing!

See more popular forum discussions.