• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Study The Wild Animals and You Will Improve......

arewenearlythereyet

Done the first part, what comes next?

3158731.png
Shit in the woods? Perhaps this is the solution to our gut issues?

Valentijn

I would wait until you are actually able to solve medical problems by yourself before assuming superior thinking or knowledge.
Fascinating argument. This would suggest that you believe that healthy people are of superior intellect to the ill, since it must be their "superior thinking or knowledge" that allows them to quickly heal themselves or avoid disease entirely. My own thought is that biomedical diseases are complicated, and we have fuck-all chance of solving them ourselves when even science hasn't been able to manage it.

The Bear, particularly the Brown Bear of Northern Latitudes has the closest digestive system and digestive requirements to humans but not exactly identical. Their diet includes plants, fish, red meat from grazing animals, eggs, fruits, nuts-seeds and various herbs and wild vegetables, wild honey. If you compare their diet to the modern human, it might sound the same, but the nutritional content and immune boosting content is very different.
The average brown bear, in an area free of hunting, also has an average lifespan of 25 years. If I lived like a bear, I'd be long dead. Though perhaps you believe that is also due to bears lacking the imagination to cure themselves? :cautious:

Last edited:

Undisclosed

The Bear, particularly the Brown Bear of Northern Latitudes has the closest digestive system and digestive requirements to humans but not exactly identical. Their diet includes plants, fish, red meat from grazing animals, eggs, fruits, nuts-seeds and various herbs and wild vegetables, wild honey. If you compare their diet to the modern human, it might sound the same, but the nutritional content and immune boosting content is very different. This is one thing to learn

When I was younger we had a cottage in the 'Northern Latitudes'. One of the hated jobs to be done once a week was to take the rubbish down to the county dump which was located in the woods about 1 mile off the highway. Often pulling up to the dump, you would encounter a few bears sitting in the middle of the garbage pits noshing on rotting fruits, vegatables, meats and anything else they could get their paws on. They also looked pretty mangy.

So what are we to learn from your statement of "If you compare their diet to the modern human, it might sound the same, but the nutritional content and immune boosting content is very different. This is one thing to learn"?
You haven't said. How does one even know this? Where is the bear research on this? So if a human eats a handful of blueberries, and a bear eats the same amount, the nutritional content of the blueberries is the same for both, it would be how the different digestive systems process the blueberries. What does it matter because we aren't bears. What is your point and why do we need to 'learn' this, it seems irrelevant.

Last edited:

Pendergast

Spain
Oh my LOL :rofl:

This thread is hilarious! :lol:
I'll speak to my cat (no bears where I live, sadly), maybe she has the answer I've been looking for since 1.999!

She does a lot of pacing, always sleeping....maybe she already knew about hipometabolic issues and stuff like that...:cat::bulb: