• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Study The Wild Animals and You Will Improve......

Hello,

For those of you with Chronic Disease Syndrome and ME, I am sure many of you would like to advance forward toward a higher level of health, with more energy, less disease symptoms, less pain, and more happiness. All very worthy goals for each of us to reach.

How many of you have thought of learning from wild animals to improve your body health and fight this disease:

1- Have you studied and observed what wild animals do when they are sick? Can you gain from this?
2- Have you studied why wild animals have chosen a certain type of food to eat? why they eat a certain diet?
3- Have you studied the physical benefits and health secrets in foods that animals eat?
4- Have you studied which animals have the most similar digestive system to ours?
5- Have you thought to yourself that maybe humans know very little about food and the human body's requirements and so their diet supports hundreds of diseases?

I would like to start a debate so as to focus light on a little known subject that can help all people, diseased or healthy.

Abdulrahman

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
So basically humans are not as smart as animals in knowing how to respond to illness.
<Give me strength.>

Does this advice also apply to all diseases or just ME?

And the topic of food as the basis for health is hardly novel or hidden in a dark corner away from media attention.
It's in every media outlet daily. New health food fads appear as often as rain in monsoon season. The sick animal approach is just a new twist.

In this day and age it would be hard for any animal to consume 'pure' food that has not been tainted with multiple contaminants.

Hello,

For those of you with Chronic Disease Syndrome and ME, I am sure many of you would like to advance forward toward a higher level of health, with more energy, less disease symptoms, less pain, and more happiness. All very worthy goals for each of us to reach.

What is 'Chronic Disease Syndrome'?

I think it's a given that ill people want to become less ill.

How many of you have thought of learning from wild animals to improve your body health and fight this disease:

No because wild animals have their own unique health problems
1- Have you studied and observed what wild animals do when they are sick? Can you gain from this?
They usually go off to die somewhere quiet. They might lie down and sleep and risk being eaten by other animals. It depends what they are sick with -- acute vs chronic.
2- Have you studied why wild animals have chosen a certain type of food to eat? why they eat a certain diet?
It's usually dictated by the environment in which they live and what's available. You don't find polar bears snacking on bananas and you don't find monkeys snacking on fresh salmon.
3- Have you studied the physical benefits and health secrets in foods that animals eat?
What health secrets? The physical benefits of the foods all animals eats is to provide them with energy.
4- Have you studied which animals have the most similar digestive system to ours?
What does that have to do with ME.
5- Have you thought to yourself that maybe humans know very little about food and the human body's requirements and so their diet supports hundreds of diseases?
No because humans know quite a lot about food and the requirements of the human body. There are some illnesses that are caused by distinct nutritional deficiencies. There are some illnesses that are caused by poor lifestyle related to poor nutrition. There is tons of research into these things. There are many illnesses that have nothing to do with diet.

I would like to start a debate so as to focus light on a little known subject that can help all people, diseased or healthy.

Abdulrahman

So you want to start a debate on a website dedicated to ME/CFS about this so you can help all people diseased or healthy.

Where does ME come into this as it isn't a 'diet' related illness.

SilverbladeTE

Animals
ah huh

one of the reasons I am so INCREDIBLY angry is that my previous absolutely beloved 4 legged pal crawled to me one morning, with his back legs not working
I waited for a day between praying for a miracle, and because this illness and the horror of that tearing my mind apart
and I had to take my beautiful buddy pal/adopted wean to be killed by a vet

I wasn't well enough to look after him if he maybe could be set up with wheels to let him still move using his front legs
and I was far from a good mental state to carefully way the balances out, or have the money to afford maybe radical surgery
so if ANYONE wonders why I would lay the wrath of God on those psych SCUM, just remember that

so as for original poster's point...
I think you are wrong and I hope nothing more than a sincere but extremely unlikely view point is behind your post

IreneF

Hello,

Abdulrahman
My cat likes to eat rodents, birds, lizards, and the occasional fly. Pretty much what her wild ancestors consumed. Mmm, yum. She's an obligate carnivore.

A cow, on the other hand, has a complex four-part stomach. She's a walking fermentation vat. She's got millions of microbial symbionts in her gut. She eats grass and spends hours chewing her cud so she (and her bacterial friends) can live off cellulose. All ruminants--including cattle, sheep, goats, antelope, giraffes, deer, yaks, and even kangaroos--utilize the same system.

I would probably do fairly well on the carnivore diet, but fail the ruminant diet. After all, I've got a fairly simple gut.

What's your point?

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
Although not wild, my cats have done a variety of things when they were sick, usually right before it was time to be euthanized: hide under the bed, avoid snuggling with me, bury their face in my armpit (different cat), refuse to eat, run away when the pet carrier was brought out.

What can I gain from this? Hide under the bed, refuse to eat and run whenever the carrier is brought out?

Hummingbirds like nectar and sugar water. That doesn't sound real satisfying, but I'd give anything to fly and jet around like those little guys. As far as cat food goes, ack ack ack.

a58d83343037a5c2905a77f9a9091302_bill-the-cat-quotes-bill-the-cat-clipart_900-803.jpeg

Last edited:

Forbin

Sharing just under 99% of our DNA, I'm going to go out on a limb (sorry) and guess that the digestive systems of chimpanzees are the most similar to those of humans.

On the other hand, 6 to 7 million years of natural selection separates us from our nearest common ancestor with the chimps. That's a lot of time for the optimal human diet to have diverged from the optimal chimp diet.

Looking at the chimp diet, I might conclude that I'm not getting enough bark, resin, soil and insects. I also might want to increase my intake of monkey meat.

Coincidentally, that just what my doctor recommended, but there's something I just don't trust about Dr. Zaius.

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
Study The Wild Animals and You Will Improve......

Well according to this post:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ic-epsten-barr-virus.32259/page-7#post-827524

You cured yourself 100% two years ago with B vitamins and inhaling mouthwash. Which wild animal were you imitating? A hyena who found a personal-hygiene-conscious health nut's picnic basket?

And if you're cured why are you hanging around two years later talking about

health secrets

And inviting us to consider a list of questions in the style of a guru monk trying helping a novice on the path to wisdom?

Can't you just tell us which animal takes this list of supplements:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ent-cure-for-chronic-epsten-barr-virus.32259/

It would save me a lot of research. Thanks.

dangermouse

Well, over the last eleven years of having this horrendous illness I've tried a range of diets. I've been vegetarian. Vegan. I've had green smoothies. Juiced vegetables. Alkaline. Paleo. No difference what so ever to my health I'm afraid.

Can't you just tell us which animal takes this list of supplements:
Oooh, I love a good challenge. Here's the list:
1- Vitamin D3 at 10,000 iu daily for three months.
2- 1000 mg Lysine tablets first month x 3 times daily before meals by 1 hour.
3- 1000 mg Vitamin C, 3 x daily before meals. First month.
4- Sambucol Anti viral, Elderberry Extract double dose taken 4 times daily before meals by 1 hour. 3 months
5- Milk Thistle Thisylin brand 3 capsules x 3 x daily. 3 months
6- Three caps of HerpeEze Antiviral product x 3 times daily before meals. 3 months
7- Heathy diet with no junk food, all organic vegetables.
8- Suntan daily 30 minutes.
  1. D3 means we need to emulate the polar bear, eater of fatty fish. Or maybe we must be the penguin.
  2. Lysine is an amino acid, present in pretty much any protein. So meats, fish, or lentils. This doesn't narrow things down. But it's certainly most convenient to get protein from eating some sort of animal flesh. So we're definitely meat-eaters.
  3. Vitamin C primarily comes from fruit, especially tropical ones. So we don't just eat meat. We must be omnivores!
  4. Elderberry is primarily found in the northern hemisphere, so we probably aren't an African or South American animal.
  5. Milk thistle is native to southeast England, and is only in other locations due to being introduced by humans. So from an evolutionary standpoint, our animal counterpart must have lived primarily in its native environment to naturally cure itself.
  6. For Herp-Eze, the critters would need access to zinc, olive leaf, selenium, and vitamin A, in addition to lysine and vitamin C mentioned above. Or they'd have to live near a supplement factory. Zinc can come from animals, but selenium comes from nuts. Olive leaf would be found on olive trees, which naturally occur around the Mediterranean and southern Asia. To get the amount of vitamin A contained in Herp-Eze, it would be necessary to eat liver.
  7. Organic vegetables are everywhere! But again, we must be omnivores and not carnivores.
  8. To be capable of sun tanning, we have to emulate an animal without substantial fur, scales, or hair. This can include elephants, rhinos, pigs, whales and hippos.
The only apparent omnivore capable of tanning is the pig. Ergo we should eat like flying pigs who easily travel between continents and have learned how to fish: