A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Study: Folinic acid beneficial to 81% of CFS patients...plus biomarker?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by dannybex, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Helen

Helen Senior Member

If someone is reading this I would tell that I later was diagnosed with Lyme that is supposed to have caused the neuropathy. A typical sign of neuropathy induced by Lyme is that the sensory loss is patchy. That´s seldom seen in neurological diseases. FWIW.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  2. cman89

cman89 Senior Member

Hayden, Idaho
    Exactly how much B6 is too much ? I take it as part of a B multi, but I have no idea what it takes for it to build up...

3. gettinbetter

gettinbetter Senior Member

San Francisco Bay Area
    I have taken injections of methyl folate methyl b12 before and I don't want to do that again
    I had a lot of heart pounding and insomnia that night and did not feel normal for about a day in addition I had a lot of kidney pain and I think I did some kidney damage

4. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    Omg! This crashes me for days! The inflammation is intolerable. I have tried a few times and I swear to myself never again. I mean I loose consciousness for days at the time.

pattismith likes this.
  5. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    I’m trying now, 25mg, three times a day. So far so good but it’s only been a few days. :)

dannybex and pattismith like this.
  6. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    Wow, you are taking 25 mg 3x/day?!! My B-12 supplement has 800 mcg of Folinic Acid and I take it once a day! How do you tolerate such a high dose?

7. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    I don’t know! I was encouraged by the fact that they reported no study members had side effects and just decided to give it a go. I started at 5mg, then 15, and now 25mg. Fingers crossed anyway!

dannybex, Gingergrrl and merylg like this.

See more popular forum discussions.