1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Structural and Inhibition Studies of the RNase H Function of XMRV RT

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by Jemal, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Jemal

Jemal Senior Member

This is new I think.

http://aac.asm.org/content/early/2012/01/10/AAC.06000-11.abstract
  2. Overstressed

Overstressed Senior Member

Belgium
    Hi Jemal,

Rnase H is very interesting, indeed. In that context you might want to read about the oligonucleotide of Prof.Dr. Karin Moelling. She discovered Rnase H, and developed a oligonucleotide which activates the Rnase H. This way HIV thinks it needs to transcribe it's RNA to DNA. With this, HIV destroys it's own blue-print, or commits suicide.

I find the work of Prof. Dr. Karin Moelling very interesting, it's a shame she doesn't get any funding for the development of this oligonucleotide to make it into clinical trials.

OS.

See more popular forum discussions.