• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Streptococcus overgrowth

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I've had sickness and dizziness on and off over the past month. Its not improving so my ME doc has suggested Trimethoprin (a/biotic). Its just my stomach no diahorea, just the usual constipation. My tests (last September) did come back showing strep

I'd be grateful for your opinions folks.

Thanks for the advice Elph, I am feeling a bit better today have had no carbs except a few bananas and pumpkin since Sunday, also used HCL pepsin last night and went to bed with empty stomach. Chewing xylitol gum is really good I think it creates more alkaline environment. I have hope again!

Elph68

@Elph68

Look at the Resistant Starch Challenge thread - is it the missing key we've been looking for? thread. RS feeds the good bacteria in the gut.
Hi Brenda,

The missing link that everyone has been looking for is the lymphatic system .... These bugs get into the lymphatic system and you can't get them out .... that is why at best, stopping the leaking gut only gives up to 75% recovery. That is why symptoms are cyclic, that is what kills the immune system ..... The only thing I can't figure out is do the bugs get into the lymphatic system first and that causes the gut disbyosis or does the gut disbyosis cause them to get into the lymphatic system?? It seems that theoretically both scenarios are possible ... Once in the lymphatic system, they can pop up anywhere ..... they lie in wait pumping out protease and other toxins which keeps the immune system busy until you get stressed, over exert yourself, don't sleep enough, get another infection .... then they start taking over (a super infection) which results in a CFS crash ..... The longer this infection is present, theoretically the easier it is to crash as the immune system dysfunctions due to being burnt out and starving ....

I am posting what I have researched as a cure protocol in the undetectable infection thread ....

Elph68

I have strep. show on a recent CSA and think I caught it from my ex. nearly 30 years ago as my health went down even further suddenly after we were married, even though I was already suffering cfs. He had/has the symptoms that Elph has spoken of especially lots of cavities and mouth ulcers.

I am not about to take antibx as I am still considering whether to take them for Lyme, so am going to take herbs plus rife.

I started Mutaflor 4 days ago and am tolerating it, and resistant starch (Bob's Mill) galactoimmune prebiotic with beta-glucan, leaving out bifido which I was taking plus mastic gum which is antimicrobial, adding GSE OLE and oregano oil when I get my order in.

I stopped RS for 2 days and took a dose last night and was really knocked out. It was a very deep sleep indeed.

I am looking for rife frequencies but there might be a problem with where I live as there is a phone mast nearby which means I may have to use a faraday cage.
Hi Brenda,

is CSA a blood test or a swab?

Cheers.

Hey Guys,
So results have come back for my second bioscreen. Strangely, strep reduced from 99.7% to not detected! Also ecoli increased from 0.31% to 33%. However, klebsiella pneuomnia now has 67% which was not previously present.

All very interesting results.
I believe that the oral vanc and erythromycin may have done the quick killing. Symptoms were worse after taking antibiotics, and I wonder if this was die off, or perhaps the fact I was killing some good bacteria at the same time.

Anyways, symptoms seem slightly better at the moment, but not a huge improvement. I wonder if it takes time for symptoms to improve once the bacteria are gone, as the body starts to absorb more nutrients, and build neurotransmitters etc.

I am continuing to take the antibiotic herbs, gut healing herbs, probiotics, etc.

Hopefully, symptoms will continue to improve. Fingers crossed!

Jon_Tradicionali

Alone & Wandering
Hey Guys,
So results have come back for my second bioscreen. Strangely, strep reduced from 99.7% to not detected! Also ecoli increased from 0.31% to 33%. However, klebsiella pneuomnia now has 67% which was not previously present.

All very interesting results.
I believe that the oral vanc and erythromycin may have done the quick killing. Symptoms were worse after taking antibiotics, and I wonder if this was die off, or perhaps the fact I was killing some good bacteria at the same time.

Anyways, symptoms seem slightly better at the moment, but not a huge improvement. I wonder if it takes time for symptoms to improve once the bacteria are gone, as the body starts to absorb more nutrients, and build neurotransmitters etc.

I am continuing to take the antibiotic herbs, gut healing herbs, probiotics, etc.

Hopefully, symptoms will continue to improve. Fingers crossed!

Appreciate the update.

Thanks Jon,
I think its important we keep an open forum to discuss what weve tried, and results were getting. Knowing what works and what doesnt will be very useful in guiding future treatment for others.

I was very surprised with the results. I expected some strep, as my symptoms are only maybe mildly better. I question how accurate the results are, as I am still taking antibiotic herbs, and had only recently stopped taking antibiotic meds, so possibly these reduced the strep in the stool, but it may still be in my system.

I also am not sure why my symptoms are not more improved if the strep is really gone. As I wrote before, maybe it just takes time for nutrients etc to be absorbed and for the gut to heal.

Also does anyone have any ideas about klebsiella pneumonia overgrowth in the gut. Is this bad? And any ideas on how to treat this? Ive pretty much jumped from strep overgrowth to this new one! lol

Elph68

Thanks Jon,
I think its important we keep an open forum to discuss what weve tried, and results were getting. Knowing what works and what doesnt will be very useful in guiding future treatment for others.

I was very surprised with the results. I expected some strep, as my symptoms are only maybe mildly better. I question how accurate the results are, as I am still taking antibiotic herbs, and had only recently stopped taking antibiotic meds, so possibly these reduced the strep in the stool, but it may still be in my system.

I also am not sure why my symptoms are not more improved if the strep is really gone. As I wrote before, maybe it just takes time for nutrients etc to be absorbed and for the gut to heal.

Also does anyone have any ideas about klebsiella pneumonia overgrowth in the gut. Is this bad? And any ideas on how to treat this? Ive pretty much jumped from strep overgrowth to this new one! lol

Hi Derek,

The missing link (I believe)is the lymphatic system. I have a microbiologist (overseas) that agrees and is now getting her team to work out what tests I need to do to prove it and work out the treatment I need to fix it. I have also asked her about phage therapy and she agrees that this would be a good option. The microbiologist is part of a team of streptococcus experts .... They also said that Australian doctors would never agree to this scenario because I am talking about normal flora being the cause and the implications would cause widespread panic..... remember swine flu ....

I am not a doctor (I am working on that though) linezolid (tablets) or vancomycin IV should clear the lymphatic and follow up with a short course of an immune system blocker in order to stop the auto-immunity process ....

This is not advice, but is the treatment I am seeking for myself ....

Cheers.

Elph68

Thanks Jon,

It seems Klebsiella is a real nasty that causes serious lung inflammation ...... it is lactose fermenting .... so completely cut out dairy .... and ampicillin sulbactam to supress .... or maybe some herbs from your good doc ....

Cheers.

What are the thoughts on straight glucose and bacterial overgrowth. I've been reading Mark Pimetel's book about SIBO and he seems quite sure that glucose is absorbed before the small intestine.

"glucose does not contribute to the proliferation of bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract because it gets absorbed in the body too quickly, never reaching the small intestine, where bacteria overgrowth typically occurs.

Pimentel M.D., Mark (2008-01-01). A New IBS Solution: Bacteria-The Missing Link in Treating Irritable Bowel Syndrome (p. 95). Health Point Press. Kindle Edition. "

I'm wondering if a elemental type diet might help with a strepto overgrowth.

gregh286

hi guys,
very interesting thread. Just got my microbiology reports back:
Gamma Strep +4
Alpha Strep +2
Strep Agalactiae +3
Yersinia Entercolictica +4
Haemoltytic Eschericiha +4
Pseudomonas aeruginosa +2
Candida +1 (not so bad)

So, pretty high in strep. Going for abx to rid it, zero carb diet, uva ursi and ozone therapy.
Will let you know how my CFS comes along/

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Thanks.... I had seen the ozone therapy on offer at the clinic, are they doing the overall treatment plan for you?
Ah wits end, been there often, no joking, its a terrible terrible illness.

knackers323

hi guys,
very interesting thread. Just got my microbiology reports back:
Gamma Strep +4
Alpha Strep +2
Strep Agalactiae +3
Yersinia Entercolictica +4
Haemoltytic Eschericiha +4
Pseudomonas aeruginosa +2
Candida +1 (not so bad)

So, pretty high in strep. Going for abx to rid it, zero carb diet, uva ursi and ozone therapy.
Will let you know how my CFS comes along/

Good luck with the treatment let us know how you go. Why has the uva ursi been recommended?

gregh286

according to genova report recommendation is ciprofloxacin abx and uva ursi as most potent natural supplement to inhibit all these .oregano 2nd, plant tannins then berberine. accompanied by low sugar low yeast and low carb diet to stop fermenting gut. ozone iv will help get them out from lymphatic system etc.
I take 80 uvi drops a day. brutal die off first 2 days. liver is overwhelmed.
fire in cider vinegar and mastic gum for good measure.
nystatin garlic and caprylic as rec for candida but +1 it is not by biggest worry.
this is from genova uk lab.
I hope its the breakthrough markers ive been looking for.