• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Streptococcus overgrowth

@renski I ended up finishing up the month but I'm not doing much better. I'm having a hard time understanding why it didn't work. Maybe I needed to be on treatment much longer. Not sure. How are you doing?

renski

Maybe it takes longer? The doctor I saw earlier in the week suggested 1-3 months for treatment.. Are you using an alkalizing powder? I think there is more to it then just antibiotics/probiotics.

I'm not doing great, I have insomnia, depression/anxiety. Not on any supplements at the moment, went to see another doctor and will most likely start on antibiotics in 2-3 weeks time, but waiting for new bioscreen test to come back.

Yeah I think I probably should have stayed on them longer. I've tried baking soda but that makes me worse.

At this point I'm considering mms enemas. I know it's controversial but at this point, I'm beyond frustrated.

Sorry your not feeling great. I have the same symptoms as you. Hope your bio screen has answers and new treatment helps.

The thing that I wonder about that study is what makes those probiotics different from all the others that I have tried? I've never taken a probiotic that helped. In fact, high doses of vsl made me go from bad to worse so I am nervous about them. It was a natropath that told me to take it so I know what you mean about getting worse under the guidance of a natropath.

I've been taking mms orally and by enema for 4 days now and my tongue coating is gone and brain fog is a bit reduced but not enough to say it's working for sure. I'm going to stick with it.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
The thing that I wonder about that study is what makes those probiotics different from all the others that I have tried? I've never taken a probiotic that helped. In fact, high doses of vsl made me go from bad to worse so I am nervous about them. It was a natropath that told me to take it so I know what you mean about getting worse under the guidance of a natropath.

I've been taking mms orally and by enema for 4 days now and my tongue coating is gone and brain fog is a bit reduced but not enough to say it's working for sure. I'm going to stick with it.
I hope you're not talking about this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_Mineral_Supplement

If so, I would strongly advise looking for other threads on it and considering stopping before it does you harm.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. I've read a lot of stuff about people who call it crazy but have never tried it, those who have tried it and didn't see results, and many who have tried it and saw great results. Haven't come across anyone who was damaged by it.

I've done a lot of research and im being careful, I know my body well. I've been wanting to try it for a few years as I also have Lyme and follow Klinghart closely. He recommends it.

I don't want to argue but I do sincerely appreciate your concern. At the end of the day we all get to make our own choices.

renski

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. I've read a lot of stuff about people who call it crazy but have never tried it, those who have tried it and didn't see results, and many who have tried it and saw great results. Haven't come across anyone who was damaged by it.

I've done a lot of research and im being careful, I know my body well. I've been wanting to try it for a few years as I also have Lyme and follow Klinghart closely. He recommends it.

I don't want to argue but I do sincerely appreciate your concern. At the end of the day we all get to make our own choices.

@Noellea77 how you doing?

@renski I was doing a bit better. My brain fog was clearing a bit but then I had a dentist appointment on Monday and a huge increase of brain inflammation afterwards. The dentist scraped a bit of plaque off that I had in between my lower front teeth. Must have been strep.

I'm going to continue with the MMS and hopefully I will start seeing improvements again. It's not doing me any harm.

Any updates on your treatment?

renski

Hmm odd reaction for a dentist visit..

Today has been a bit better, but the last few weeks I've had on and off chronic paranoia/anxiety/worrying, head felt like it was constantly spinning, unable to focus my eyes or attention on anything.

Got my latest bioscreen results which are a mess compared to when I had the same test in September last year, I'm going to see my doc on the 18th, to start antibiotics. Not sure how this stuff balances itself out but the restricted diet I was on has made things worse, that and the herbal antibiotics.

Attachments

• bioscreen.pdf
    180.7 KB · Views: 42
  • bioscreen2.pdf
    180.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
@renski Gosh that darn strep has really taken over. I hope the antibiotics help you. It's all so frustrating. I'm glad you have a Dr. that's helping you with all of this.

Have you tried Mutaflor to help get your e. Coli levels up?

renski

@Noellea77, I tried mutaflor a few months ago and it gave me headaches.. I'll try it again today with a smaller dose and see how I go.. have been using matrix alkali the last few days and seems to have helped with the chronic worrying/paranoia..

renski

Doing a little better last few days on Mutaflor, haven't noticed any major side effects so will keep using it.

renski

Was able to see my doc little earlier, starting ampicillin SR on Wednesday, and mutaflor, alkalizer and cutting out some foods like chicken, eating more fish and taking Vitamin K2 (for bacteriods), eating more foods that feed e.coli like hazelnuts. Diet isn't too restrictive, just cutting out sugar and fruit.

My bioscreen test is now negetive but the Brussels one still saying high strep. I'm waiting for another test to come back from Brussels I think I swop to organio oil and wait

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    754.6 KB · Views: 30
  • image.png
    image.png
    339.7 KB · Views: 32