• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Strategies for managing night sweats?

i also have occasional night sweats and can say that they have mainly disappeared with a diet change. i am on the SIBO diet (no fermentable carbs, no sugar) and i have greatly reduced Omega-6 oils in favor of refined coconut oil (short lipids) and Omega-3 (flax, fish oil).

one thing to remember with night sweats is that the moisture in your mattress can cause it to develop mold. i sleep on a memory foam topper on an air mattress and this setup is very conducive to mold because the moisture has nowhere to go when it hits the air mattress and i had to throw out an entire mattress/topper set due to black mold. if you sweat a lot (as i have) i strongly encourage you to air out your mattress/bedding every day. you can assist this process with an infrared lamp (e.g., heat lamp) that is pointed at the mattress.

so, every morning, i flip my topper over and turn on the heat lamp for an hour to dry it out.

also, with this setup, a layer of wool between the topper and air mattress is also beneficial to prevent the mold.

btw, this setup - topper + air mattress, is one of the most comfortable and affordable setups i have ever experienced.

re the topper, i use 3" memory foam right now but i have also used natural latex foam and that is also a good choice and perhaps a bit more resistant to mold.