• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Strange Symptoms (Nitric Oxide?)

Bdeep86

Long story short I have had CFS for 4 years. I noticed after I would attempt to workout my skin would go very pale. My muscles would deflate (nitric oxide?), eyes would become very glossy and I would just generally look very sickly. I am wondering if the ammonia increase from exercise would cause something like this or if anyone else has seen anything like this. Thank you.

Bdeep86

Long story short I have had CFS for 4 years. I noticed after I would attempt to workout my skin would go very pale. My muscles would deflate (nitric oxide?), eyes would become very glossy and I would just generally look very sickly. I am wondering if the ammonia increase from exercise would cause something like this or if anyone else has seen anything like this. Thank you.

rosie26

Hi Bdeep, muscles don't seem to work properly with ME.
I was given a bike from someone for a Christmas present about 5 years ago, I was just starting to come out of severe ME and anyway I thought I would use the bike to go down to the shop as the road is fairly flat, so thought I wouldn't have to pedal much. Well, I could hardly stand up, let alone walk when I got off the bike, my legs felt thick and heavy like tree trunks and they were shaking. I am also familiar with the affectation of the eyes as well. When I have overdone it my eyes get very big, and have a zonked look about them ! I don't know what chemical reactions that are causing this. I just know with ME, the muscles don't handle the exercise like a well person.