1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Strange Symptoms (Nitric Oxide?)

Discussion in 'Skeleton, Skin, Muscles, Hair, Teeth, and Nails' started by Bdeep86, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Bdeep86

Bdeep86

Long story short I have had CFS for 4 years. I noticed after I would attempt to workout my skin would go very pale. My muscles would deflate (nitric oxide?), eyes would become very glossy and I would just generally look very sickly. I am wondering if the ammonia increase from exercise would cause something like this or if anyone else has seen anything like this. Thank you.

2. Bdeep86

Bdeep86

Long story short I have had CFS for 4 years. I noticed after I would attempt to workout my skin would go very pale. My muscles would deflate (nitric oxide?), eyes would become very glossy and I would just generally look very sickly. I am wondering if the ammonia increase from exercise would cause something like this or if anyone else has seen anything like this. Thank you.

3. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

NZ
    Hi Bdeep, muscles don't seem to work properly with ME.
    I was given a bike from someone for a Christmas present about 5 years ago, I was just starting to come out of severe ME and anyway I thought I would use the bike to go down to the shop as the road is fairly flat, so thought I wouldn't have to pedal much. Well, I could hardly stand up, let alone walk when I got off the bike, my legs felt thick and heavy like tree trunks and they were shaking. I am also familiar with the affectation of the eyes as well. When I have overdone it my eyes get very big, and have a zonked look about them ! I don't know what chemical reactions that are causing this. I just know with ME, the muscles don't handle the exercise like a well person.

See more popular forum discussions.