• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Strange symptoms (NAC)

Learner1

If your mercury was high on an unprovoked test and you didn't have recent acute exposure, its likely you have a fair amount of mercury, which can cause many problems. Worth getting rid of carefully.

Mold exposure is a treatable cause of ME/CFS, also.

Learner1, how high would you consider the 3.5 mercury level that I had (the lab values were <20="normal", but doesn't take into account that many of us are mercury toxic...)? The exposure was about 2,5 years ago.

How would you treat mold issues (if the exposure was in the past), are there some mold detoxification regimens that would be worth looking into?

Thank you for your thoughts!

perchance dreamer

I take Sinatrol, a sinus health blend which has 300 MG of NAC, but cannot take any additional NAC. My ENT had suggested taking more NAC, but any in addition to what's in the Sinatrol gives me wretched insomnia, even when I take it as soon as I wake up.

I remember Valentin saying that NAC actually helps her sleep. Just goes to show how different we all are.

My ENT had suggested additional NAC because one of things it does is thin mucous.

Hi,

yeah could be "NAC FLU" or Porhyria caused by the NAC you took affecting any existing C.pnuemonaie infection.

look on cpnhelp.org and search nac flu and porhyria. Personally I get the above symtoms you describe when I kill off too man cpn at once, which for me is porphryia symptoms. Also I am unable to take NAC because I get too much of those nac flu symptoms as well.

However, y ou may not have a cpn infection, it could be toxiity/detox overload. instead.

As for testing for cpn, I found the Arminlabs tests pretty good. but do your own research more, cpn is still an experimental field and there is no guarantee it will work to cure you even if you have it, that is the problem, so deciding whether it is worth undertaking a treatment which will be long and hard is a diifficult one. Perhaps the best research in MS or heart/cardivascular disease on cpn. Good luck.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Do you have CBS issues? I cannot do NAC at all because of these issues. I think Dr Ben Lynch mention using Molybdenum and Manganese to help but I would research that. Also my mom has sulfur issues without CBS polymorphisms. She gets a yellow cast to her skin if she eats a sulfur food or supplement. This has been helped a lot with Kirkman's Bifido Advanced Complex and Saccharomyces Boulardii. Dr. Lynch says if you do not have CBS or Suox issues than you probably have an increase of Hydrogen Sulfides because of gut bacteria issues and your sulphonation pathway has a hard time keeping up. He talks a little bit about it here: https://www.drbenlynch.com/resource/podcast-8-mthfr-and-glutathione-production/ (though I don't think this was the original post I saw him discuss it in.)

frozenborderline

what are some good ways to test for mercury. i've been using methyl b12 for like six months and now i'm super fucking worried. my symptoms got worse too