1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A disease with two faces? Re-naming ME/CFS
Persuasion Smith covers the bases on the misleading and disreputable name for our disease we've all been saddled with ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Strange sympotms on methylation treatment

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by paul80, Jun 5, 2012.

1. paul80

paul80

I've been doing this treatment almost two weeks now and i had some strange symptoms this morning. My face suddenly became very hot and red. My elbows and my knees were also very red and hot. It only lasted about 1 hour.

Anyone ever experienced this or have any ideas what it could be?

2. Gavman

Gavman Senior Member

Sydney
  3. Lou

Lou Senior Member

southeast US

Did you happen to take niacin? It can cause a flush, lead to those symptoms.

4. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    It sounds like niacin flush. That can happen a few times and go away. B12 can make every other vitamin more effective as a side effect. It too usually passes. Niacin is sometimes used as an active placebo for that reason, so folks are sure they got SOMETHING and see what they attribute to it. If it is the niacin flush it is harmless and usually goes away on it's own.

See more popular forum discussions.