• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Strange sympotms on methylation treatment

paul80

I've been doing this treatment almost two weeks now and i had some strange symptoms this morning. My face suddenly became very hot and red. My elbows and my knees were also very red and hot. It only lasted about 1 hour.

Anyone ever experienced this or have any ideas what it could be?

Lou

I've been doing this treatment almost two weeks now and i had some strange symptoms this morning. My face suddenly became very hot and red. My elbows and my knees were also very red and hot. It only lasted about 1 hour.

Did you happen to take niacin? It can cause a flush, lead to those symptoms.

Freddd

It sounds like niacin flush. That can happen a few times and go away. B12 can make every other vitamin more effective as a side effect. It too usually passes. Niacin is sometimes used as an active placebo for that reason, so folks are sure they got SOMETHING and see what they attribute to it. If it is the niacin flush it is harmless and usually goes away on it's own.