Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Stopping B12 to go n Methylation

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by cman89, Oct 31, 2014.

1. cman89

cman89 Senior Member

Hayden, Idaho
    I have been on a methylation trial before, and it seemed to help. I ran out of b12 and stopped, to see if I would notice much of a change. I have been sporadically supplementing the Jarrow b complex recommended by Fredd, w/o the b12 extras. That being said, how long should I stay off the b complex if at all, before reintroducing the extra b12? Is there any interference?

2. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    just reduce the amounts in the b complex by splitting pills/ emptying caps. Never take more then 10mg tops of the other b vitamins along with b12 and methyl folate. Otherwise there is that impossible to keep potassium demand. Methyl b12 and Methyl folate is non toxic in high doses, I would be careful not to take too much of the other ones though, even moderate doses over time begin to add up like taking too much b6. B 2 is kind of an exception in that high dose folate blocks absorption of it. I was told by someone else that it would not be more then 50mg for the b2 at most. I don't mean to sound overtly cautious about dosages, just putting the information out there as its not as things like b 6 toxicity are not as known to most as I would imagine.

3. cman89

cman89 Senior Member

Hayden, Idaho
    Yeah, the b6 can cause neuropathy and such. Not good

4. pela

pela Senior Member

as far as I can tell Jarrow B complex still contains folic acid and is therefore has not been recommended by Freddd
    for quite a while. Sorry you read outdated information.

5. cman89

cman89 Senior Member

Hayden, Idaho
    hmmm Ill take note of that thanks

See more popular forum discussions.