A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Stopping B12 to go n Methylation

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by cman89, Oct 31, 2014.

1. cman89

cman89 Senior Member

Hayden, Idaho
    I have been on a methylation trial before, and it seemed to help. I ran out of b12 and stopped, to see if I would notice much of a change. I have been sporadically supplementing the Jarrow b complex recommended by Fredd, w/o the b12 extras. That being said, how long should I stay off the b complex if at all, before reintroducing the extra b12? Is there any interference?

2. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    just reduce the amounts in the b complex by splitting pills/ emptying caps. Never take more then 10mg tops of the other b vitamins along with b12 and methyl folate. Otherwise there is that impossible to keep potassium demand. Methyl b12 and Methyl folate is non toxic in high doses, I would be careful not to take too much of the other ones though, even moderate doses over time begin to add up like taking too much b6. B 2 is kind of an exception in that high dose folate blocks absorption of it. I was told by someone else that it would not be more then 50mg for the b2 at most. I don't mean to sound overtly cautious about dosages, just putting the information out there as its not as things like b 6 toxicity are not as known to most as I would imagine.

3. cman89

cman89 Senior Member

Hayden, Idaho
    Yeah, the b6 can cause neuropathy and such. Not good

4. pela

pela Senior Member

as far as I can tell Jarrow B complex still contains folic acid and is therefore has not been recommended by Freddd
    for quite a while. Sorry you read outdated information.

5. cman89

cman89 Senior Member

Hayden, Idaho
    hmmm Ill take note of that thanks

See more popular forum discussions.