1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Stopping Armour - more ill than ever!

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by justy, Sep 26, 2013.

1. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    brenda

thanks for the info I'll check the Douglas Labs one out - of course its one I haven't got!!!

brenda likes this.
  2. Danesh

Danesh

Just heard about Dr. Kenneth Blanchard's book "Functional Approach to Hypothyroidism". He may be American, but has anyone heard of it, or read it? Supposedly he comes from years of research and has some new approaches that encompass multiple hormonal systems, traditional and natural therapies. Armour Thyroid for 8 years doesn't seem to make a difference, neither did adrenal gland supplements for 2 years when I first was diagnosed. I am borderline hypothyroid, but my CFS Dr has me on 30 mg Armour, in AM before breakfast...
    My daughter was diagnosed with CFS a year ago, and put on Lyrothyronine, another thyroid supplement similar to Armour, and felt better for 3 weeks, then got worse. Selenium and zinc were advised to support the thyroid itself, and was told it was normal to get worse after short time, and meant the thyroid needed more support itself....
    What do you all think??

3. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA

See more popular forum discussions.