Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Stool question leave if you are grossed out

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by SaveMe, Feb 17, 2011.

1. SaveMe

SaveMe

the city
    do you shit the most in the morning ? :D

2. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    A more interesting question is what's in there. Just had an anaerobic stool test--my first. All the rest have had air exposure, so the answer to this mystery should be forthcoming! :eek:

Sushi

3. SaveMe

SaveMe

the city
    u did that thru your md ?

4. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Yep, KDM and RedLabs in Belgium. A lot of infections are anaerobic and get missed in the "run of the mill" stool test.

Sushi

5. Francelle

Francelle Senior Member

Victoria, Australia
    I've got 'the kit' to do an anaerobic stool test sometime early next week - obviously not always predictable as to the time lines - hehe! Will be interesting to see the results.

6. SaveMe

SaveMe

the city
    is ur wbc ever low?

7. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Did the Protea biopharma Neurotoxic Metabolite Test (related to high H2S - Kenny Meileir) with high end strong positive. UK NHS tested and reported nothing. This is just nonsense - to be blunt - stool very dark, watery with a few solids. Even I could see there was a gastrointestinal problem. But hope you all have better luck/treatment.

8. lucy

lucy Senior Member

No, I do not have bowel movements in the morning. This is an issue to me, because for stool testing the best specimen is the one made in the morning and liquid vs constipation is much better. However, I have to submit something for the follow-up of blastocystosis, so I submit the one from the evening, kept in the fridge.

See more popular forum discussions.