1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
First Direct Evidence of Neuroinflammation - 'Encephalitis' - in ME/CFS
A small study with just nine patients has captured the attention of patients and researchers alike after reporting direct evidence of inflammation in the brain of ME/CFS patients. The finding was one of the highlights picked out by Professor Anthony Komaroff in his IACFS/ME...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

stomach parasites

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by judderwocky, Aug 3, 2010.

1. insearchof

insearchof Senior Member

Would also love to hear an update from Judderwoky

I can attest for what Victoria recommended though - the bowel prep OTC drink they provide before a colonoscopy. I enjoyed several months of good bowel health after that and I believe it killed off something nasty. Have all the symptoms back and was thinking of taking this again.

This thread has inspired me to do so. And I will add a few things thereafter into the mix.

ISO
  2. orion

orion Senior Member

UK
    Hi insearchof,

Can you tell me the name of the OTC drink to which you're referring?

Thanks
  3. insearchof

insearchof Senior Member

Hi Orion

I cannot recall the brand name, but it is the OTC drink prescribed to be taken 24 hours before a colonoscopy. I am sure if you asked for such at a pharmacy they would know what you meant....but if you wait for a few days I will post the brand name of the one I buy.

You mix it up into about 2lts of water and you have to drink about a quarter of that -every 15 minutes. I also made sure I was well hydrated a couple of days leading up to this as well and drank a little after downing the 2 lts.

After consuming the 2 lts - I immediately jumped into and sat in a hot bath - which helped lessen the onset of the bowel spasms that start before the main event. I found this made things a little easier. You will find though that you wont be able to go far from the bathroom for some hours after downing the drink as it gives you chronic ''dire -rear'' as they say.

After things settle, I kept up the fluids and replaced my electrolites (or you could probably down a sports drink).

ISO
  4. undcvr

undcvr Senior Member

NYC
    It sounds like DE is working like very efficient scratchy fiber. Well not quite fiber but you know what i mean. Scrap, scrap, scraping at the intestinal walls, making sure they are all clean and sending everything out. Nice. Does anyone know how often you can take Vermox after you complete one cycle ?
  5. orion

orion Senior Member

UK
    Thanks

From what I've been reading there appears to be two types of diatomaceous earth - one of marine origin and one of freshwater origin. Can anyone here tell me which type is best for human consumption?
  6. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    In the US the colonoscopy prep drink (approximately 2 - 3 quarts??) is called "Go-lytely".

See more popular forum discussions.