1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hunting down the cause of ME/CFS & other challenging disorders - Lipkin in London
In a talk to patients in London on 3rd September, Dr. W. Ian Lipkin described the extraordinary lengths he and his team are prepared to go to in order to track down the source of an illness, with examples ranging from autism to the strange case of Kawasaki disease.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Stomach biopsy for Dr. Chia

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by Koivy, May 1, 2013.

1. Koivy

Koivy

Has anyone done this? What was the endoscopy like? Did you suffer a crash? Any tips?

I am scheduled to do this (I do not live near Dr. Chia so this whole process has been quite difficult) and am unsure of where to send the slides. Both the staff and my PCP talked to Dr. Chia, and got different answers. The staff said EVMed, my PCP said Dr. Chia spelled out the clinic's address to her. I'm leaning EVMed being the correct address, rather than sending it to his actual clinic.

Thanks!

2. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    Keep us posted as I sure would like to know the results if you don't mind. Dr. KDM was doing some stomach biopsies, but I don't think they would be looking for the same things.

3. jstefl

jstefl Senior Member

Brookfield, Wisconsin
    I had this done several years ago. You need to be put out, so you have the risks asociated with anesthesia. Other than that, it was not a problem for me. This was no worse than a colonoscopy.

John

4. Hip

Hip Senior Member

5. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    You might want to read up on anesthesia:

http://www.ncf-net.org/patient-physician.htm

GG

6. Koivy

Koivy

I'm not sure if I'm going under general anesthesia or just a sedative or twilight anesthesia? It seems to vary from doctor to doctor and I don't actually have an appt with the GI prior to the procedure. Hopefully I'll get to talk to someone about it. For those who have had an endoscopy. what were the diff ways they put you out?

Thanks for all the info. I'll def let you all know how it went and the results. It's not happening until next month.

7. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Koivy

I'd ask for a general from the comments of friends who have had them. I watched one friend's and he was only out for about 20 minutes and woke up "happy" and had no side effects. They usually use versed. I have had it for colonoscopies with no problems. It is usually considered "safe" for ME/CFS patients.

Friends who have had endoscopies with just twilight said it was pretty unpleasant.

Sushi

See more popular forum discussions.