• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

stiff neck what helps?

hurtingallthetimet

my neck is so stiff..i think its wehre i went shopping a few days ago mixed in with trying to do online shopping so i dont have to go out in crowds and stores..also i had fallen and hurt back really bad not sure if its from it also...

what can you do for it? are there any kind of sprays or anything out there that might help? its causing a migrane and so much pain...

*GG*

Is it only your neck that hurts? Perhaps the stiffness comes from pain from anohter part of your body? Have you ever heard of trigger point injections?

GG

If the stiffness has been chronic maybe look into an x-ray if you have insurance. If it's transient, maybe physical therapy, manipulative therapy (such as chiropractic or osteopathic), pain meds might help.

aprilk1869

My mum had problems with a stiff neck and she used heat pads (the bags of grain you put in the microwave) and got massage to help.

She also got a stiff neck a month after starting LDN which lasted a few days. Apparently that can happen when starting immune modulators as it's thought the immune system to fighting some kind of infection. What kind of infection I don't know.

Here is a quote from Scott who has started using GcMAF:-

The inflammation progressed to my hands, feet, neck, shoulders, back, hips, and knees. Even my eyes hurt. At this point, I took a break from the GcMAF which is illustrated by the gap between injections from 10/15/2011 to 11/01/2011. By 10/22, the inflammation had largely settled into my neck and upper shoulders though there was still some systemic inflammation.

http://betterhealthguy.com/joomla/blog/250-gcmaf-log

Athene

ihateticks.me
Is the pain mainly from muscle cramps or is it also from stiffness inside your spinal cord?

If the latter, the drinking lots of water and sleeping propped up on cushions rather than lying down helps me. Painkiller never work on this pain for me.

If it is mainly stiff and bruised muscles, then I find the microwaveable grain bags that April mentioned a great help. You can also get those creams called Deep Heat etc for athletes that make your muscles warm and stimulate blood flow, they help too. And finally, on this type of pain, painkillers do help, the one I like best is Voltaren gel, that you can rub on right after the deep heat cream. It is slowly absorbed into your muscles through the skin.

I get a very stiff and sore neck, but it is actually part of my migraines. Sometimes anti-inflammatories help, but usually only my migraine pills will really get rid of it. I only use them when it is really bad though (which is most of the time, lol).

take care, ness

I have relief from using a homeoapthic that treats the simian virus.. { a virus I think could lay at the root of my chronic fatigue syndrome } The simian virus was found in some polio vaccines.. I will reedit my post with some links..

I bought the homeoatphic called from Kroeger homeoapthics.. called simie I think ??? let me know if you cannot find it.. I will try and get back to this group soon..

nanci

hurtingallthetimet

thanks everyone for the advice and info...ive been using muscle rubs..taking pain medications and applying heat..helps a little but as everyone knows a stiff neck hurts so badly...i think it may have been from the fall because i still have some brusing that looks bad...i was hoping there was some kind of spray to use..id heard but cant remember wehre that theres some kind of spray that really helps with stiff neck...

Gavman

I'd be looking to an osteo, physio or professional for your neck problems. Alot of neck problems do exist because we're stuck or caught somewhere else. Heat packs to the neck i dont think are a good idea, heatpack to the shoulders would probably be better. I'd probably look towards having issues speaking your truth as neck problems come from that. Where did you fall and where did you hurt?
If you cant afford much, try getting a trigger point massage book, self treatment can be effective.

Athene

ihateticks.me
thanks everyone for the advice and info...ive been using muscle rubs..taking pain medications and applying heat..helps a little but as everyone knows a stiff neck hurts so badly...i think it may have been from the fall because i still have some brusing that looks bad...i was hoping there was some kind of spray to use..id heard but cant remember wehre that theres some kind of spray that really helps with stiff neck...

Have you asked the pharmacist about the spray? If there is such a thing they would be sure to know. If you do find out please, let me know too!

xrunner

everyone knows a stiff neck hurts so badly...i think it may have been from the fall because i still have some brusing that looks bad...i was hoping there was some kind of spray to use..id heard but cant remember wehre that theres some kind of spray that really helps with stiff neck...

Aspirin was the only anti-inflammatory/painkiller that worked for me when my entire spine froze up, including neck, scalp and facial muscles following a lumber puncture. Unfortunately after a while it also burnt my upper stomach.

Natural remedies that worked for me:
To relax the mucles: Reishi; this is also a mild analgesic and will help with pain

To reduce inflammation in tendons, ligaments, joints and everywhere else in the body: Japanese knotweed

To get rid of the bruising very quickly: Boluoke

Once you get inflammation under control, it's helpful to see a chiropractor to fix any structural problems. If you do it without first reducing the inflammation you may find that adjustments won't hold in place and waste money.

If you go down this route let me know and will explain dosages etc.

all the best

First of all you need to determine why you have a stiff neck.

Is it cause by poor posture, and then hence its stiff because of either tense stiff muscles or it is poor joint alignment.
If you think it to be caused by those, then definitely see a physiotherapist or an osteopath.

Being a former athlete, I used to get treated by either a physio or an osteopath for all kinds of injuries and niggles. Its generally not a great idea to use pain creams as those just try to mask the symptoms, and in my experience a lot of the time will be unsuccessful in doing so too.

hurtingallthetimet

Have you asked the pharmacist about the spray? If there is such a thing they would be sure to know. If you do find out please, let me know too!

Thanks everyone for the advice and info...i appreciate all the help and will look into different things {on my budget} to help..i think it was probably mostly from the fall since thats when it got so bad..

athene i hadnt thought of asking the pharmacy name of the spray...i will and i will let you know what the name of it is also...

thanks agian everyone hope everyone is doing well