• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Steven Salzberg's Pseudoscience at Forbes

Today Forbes' Dr. Steven Salzberg joined the XMRV naysayers, penning the piece "Chronic fatigue syndrome: virus hypothesis collapses further." Salzberg went a step further, labeling Dr. Judy Mikovits a "pseudoscientist." The post is my response to it.

Mindy Kitei
CFS Central
http://www.cfscentral.com

SilverbladeTE

Keep a note of all these fok...one day we may well have right to sue them, for being part of a "Tuskegee Writ Large". ;)

Either XMRV is linked ot CFS, or not.
That is the question, it is not a question any arrogant SOB can say yay or nay to, for many years.
To be frank, the "medical" science community is riddled with blind, blinkered, arrogant, non-scientific, belief-driven, commercially-compromsied nitiwts and bedeviled with a callous disregard for the facts, the possibilities and the suffering they ignore.
Do I HAVE to mention the vast amount of pharma corp crap, including criminal prosecutions and deaths, to prove this, hm?

This is just damn typical of the pretense of "scientific non-bias" and need to force opinions, not facts, on others.
Religion maybe dying, but it's problematic adherents are infesting other areas, now, to compensate! :p

Alas my damaged brain cannot remember a quote I used oot know so well, that is very apropos here, damn it, sigh.
Any recall it?
Along the lines of:
"At first the truth is rejected
then accepted
and then anyone questioning it is themselves an outcast"

While these gobshytes strut like peacocks, folk like me slowly deteriorate, damn their egos! :/