• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Steroid injection for calcific tendinitis?

sianrecovery

I ended up in A&E too, for the first time in my illness. Someone sent me a link to an american chiro who linked adhesive capusulitis to viral infection - pointing out how odd it was that people often went on to experience it in one shoulder then the other. Who knows. Underlying inflamatory proceses could well alter calcium use by the body.

I'm interested to hear from anyone else who has had this and who had the steroid injections?

Calathea

What's adhesive capusulitis?

I've wondered why I have it in both shoulders too. Whatever's going on, inflammation seems a sensible thing to tackle, though I don't know exactly how.

sianrecovery

adhesiver capsulitis, aka frozen shoulder, is when the joint capsule becomes severely inflamed and 'sticky' and prevents normal motion.
I dont know with inflamation, I take the supps I mentioned, and serrapetase. Its a big piece of work. Lots of the lyme forums discuss it, and I suppose there must be some good threads on here.

Tammy

I had frozen shoulder on left side many years ago but still can remember how that pain felt. I didn't see a Dr. for it simply because my cfs was so bad at the time and it was just one more thing to see a Dr. about. It lasted a good 6 months. There is only one thing I did..........and that was to lay on my back with left arm at my side...........and ever so gently each day I would try to stretch it till I finally could extend almost at 90 degrees to body...............it took so long to get my range of motion back. I feel for ya.......just another thing to have to deal with. That's the thing with CFS........just when one annoying symptoms goes away...........a new one takes its place...........it's maddening.

I had a frozen shoulder also. Had a steroid injection that did absolutely nothing!! So my chiropractor really went to work on it. Went twice a week for a month and some of it was painful, but not as painful as the shoulder was already. And that was it--no more pain and complete range of motion back. If you have a chiro, it is definitely worth a try

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
I've been on Vitamin D supplements for years, prescribed by the doctor because my Vit D was low. They contain a lot of calcium. I've wondered about that, although I've been told it's irrelevant.
That's what I'd worry about.Vit D is very trendy now, supposedly the cure for everything in everybody. I'm always suspicious of trendiness.

OTOH, it's said that vit K helps make the calcium go to where it's needed and not get deposited everywhere willy nillly. Who knows, that might be right.

Clodomir

Where is the sun?
Hi everyone,

I have a capsulitis for the moment... Since august. But now it is very painfull. So I went to the doctor and he propose cortisone injection. I refused so he proposed to go to a physiotherapist. The physio proposed to use chockwave therapy. Yesterday was the first day (run). During the 15 min of the process it was a little bit painfull, but just after the session, I was beter. ..and today also. I still have pain but less. So I wait for my next session... The physiotherapist said that after 9 session it will be alright...
I hope it will be fixed and that I will not be obliged to take cortisone, or other medication....
It seems that chock wave therapy can be use for tendinitis, etc...
During the session, you are lying on a bed doing nothing, so it takes no energy...

Have a good day

Clodomir