• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Stem cells for cfs/me/pots

Do you think stem cells really would help in cfs/me?

• Yes

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

sillysocks84

I know every once in awhile you guys must get posts about stem cells and whether or not they help in conditions such as chronic fatigue syndrome or me or pots. I am interested to know if anyone recently has decided to get stem cell treatments and if so what has your experience been? I am looking into it. I have a one year old and this morning I thought my ataxia was coming back. My heartrate is always high and dizziness always comes and goes, difficulty with full breaths and of course overly tired are my lovely symptoms.

Please, I would also just love for you to share what you know even if you haven't had stem cell therapy.

halcyon

My understanding is that very few people have tried this and that it doesn't really work well. As it seems to require a decent amount of funds and the ability to travel to other countries the barrier to trying it is pretty high for the majority of patients.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Please, I would also just love for you to share what you know even if you haven't had stem cell therapy.
I don't remember anyone posting recently about getting stem cell therapy but there was a lot of discussion a few years ago and a number of patients did go to Panama to receive stem cells. From what I remember, initial benefits didn't last but you can read a very long thread about it here.

Sushi

sillysocks84

May be it would be good as effective treatments if they weren't so expensive! Seems like they helped a lot for awhile. Maybe those results could be maintained by multiple treatments...... someday.....

sillysocks84

Many of those who went to Panama had multiple treatments over a period of about 18 months (if I remember the timing correctly.)
Could it be a life long maintenance treatment situation? I, like everyone else want desperately to figure the monster out. I want my full life back. The research on this is infuriating slopow... although Scientific American just had an interesting article about bioelectronic medicine that could be used to stimulate different parts of the vagus nerve to treat many disease. I'll do better research and post a new thread soon.