1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Status of Rituximab-ME/CFS Studies

Discussion in 'Rituximab: News and Research' started by Persimmon, Feb 15, 2012.

1. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

My guess: If new Tcells are spared from this they might work properly but it will take time to get enouigh healthy Tcells.
  2. liquid sky

liquid sky Senior Member

"Ocrelizumab has previously been investigated as a treatment for rheumatoid arthritis but studies were discontinued because of a high incidence of opportunistic infections in participants. Opportunistic infections are infections that do not normally occur in a healthy person but may occur when the immune system is compromised."

This new B cell depletion drug, Ocrelizumab, has not been safer than Rituxan. Rituxan has been approved for years in RA with a good safety profile. http://www.medpagetoday.com/MeetingCoverage/ACR/35895

See more popular forum discussions.