• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Status of current and past Rituximab studies

EtherSpin

I hope (if its true severe cases respond less) that they will simply need more infusions or perhaps some exercise in tandem with the treatment (as severe cases *will* have massive deconditioning Id assume) and maybe supplements and other augmentation with complimentary meds to ensure disrupted systems can kick back to life

greeneagledown

It sounds like we're looking at a final publication date around or close to July/August 2018, assuming the final patient starts treatment around this September. That's 2 years for all the patients to complete treatment and follow-up, 6 months for F&M to prepare a manuscript (I don't have a great feel for how long it takes to prepare a study write-up for submission, but I'm assuming this will take some time considering that there are multiple sub-studies), and then 4-5 months from when they submit the manuscript to when it actually gets published (which is consistent with both of their previous two Rituximab publications).

In short, 2 years from around September for the study to finish, then another 10-11 months to analyze the data, prepare a manuscript, and get it published.

Might not be precisely correct, but it should be in that ballpark.

@deleder2k, does that sound about right?

Last edited:

deleder2k

@greeneagledown, I really don't know.

Your reasoning makes sense. I do not know how much time they need to complete the study. For the sub studies I think that they can be completed or almost completed before 2 years of follow up since they are conducted after or around 10-15 months.

I don't know if they need to wait 4-5 months to have it published. Maybe they will publish in another journal if the study turns out positive? I guess they would rather have it published in New England Journal of Medicine or The Lancet rather than PLOS ONE. Could a study of this magnitude lead to that it is given "fast-track" status in a journal? I guess @Jonathan Edwards knows all there is to know about the timeframe of conducting and publishing a study.

greeneagledown

@greeneagledown, I really don't know.

Your reasoning makes sense. I do not know how much time they need to complete the study. For the sub studies I think that they can be completed or almost completed before 2 years of follow up since they are conducted after or around 10-15 months.

I don't know if they need to wait 4-5 months to have it published. Maybe they will publish in another journal if the study turns out positive? I guess they would rather have it published in New England Journal of Medicine or The Lancet rather than PLOS ONE. Could a study of this magnitude lead to that it is given "fast-track" status in a journal? I guess @Jonathan Edwards knows all there is to know about the timeframe of conducting and publishing a study.

I'm guessing the inclusion of substudies during the study will mean that the post-study analysis takes a little longer. I don't think they'll start analysis until the whole study is done. I bet they'll want to see, for example, whether people with improved endothelial function at 10-15 months are more likely to still be in response at 2-year follow-up.