• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Statement for ME Awareness week by 'leading ME researchers': GET &CBT work and must be available

Countrygirl

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44004882?SThisFB

A statement to Newsbeat from some of the country's leading ME researchers and clinicians says: "These therapies help many people with CFS/ME by reducing symptoms, increasing what they can do, and improving their quality of life."

It goes on to say that using GET "is based on good evidence from multiple studies and randomised controlled trials showing that these treatments are safe and useful for some patients.

"Right now there are no alternatives for patients, so it is vital that they are not deterred from accessing therapies that can help them."

The Department of Health also admits CFS/ME is "poorly understood" and says "over the past six years we have invested £3.35 million in research to improve understanding of the condition and to look at new approaches to treatment"

Sundancer

"Right now there are no alternatives for patients, so it is vital that they are not deterred from accessing therapies that can help them."

that is exactly what is been sneaked in into the dutch health-report, by the dutch buddies of Sharpe et al., CBT must be available to the patients for fear they will have nothing else...( adding here that Dutch CBT is telling you about false illness-beliefs and ignoring the signals your body gives to rest, so just as dangerous as GET)

I think that in English you would call it a nice revenue model... How many people earn there wages in giving and 'researching' this 'therapy'