• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Starting Famvir

Live And Let Die

So I have been taking Valtrex for about 6 months at 1-2 grams per day. The improvements have been very minimal but I can see how a much higher dose for years could do something.

but

I'm starting Famvir tomorrow at 500mg 3x a day.

I'll also mention, I have EBV and HHV6.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
good luck, keep us posted, a few others have lowered their hhv6 titres with famvir, myself cmv/ebv. Thats a nice big dose too, i can only afford 250mg twice a day but still has an effect. Also adding probenecide can help increase av's blood levels and half life but talk to the doc before doing this. It can be helpful to use if u cant afford larger doses.

cheers!!!

m1she11e

Im on Famvir 500mg, 3x a day. Im not sure I feel better from it but my HHV6 has come down.

Good luck!!!

Live And Let Die

Yesterday was my first day on Famvir. Now, I don't want to get overly optimistic here but I noticed my spatial memory problems are slightly to noticeably different, like, within an hour after taking the first pill. I did feel like garbage most of the day but it was different.

I feel like Alice in wonderland when she said "curiouser and curiouser". All things considered, I haven't had a day like yesterday in a VERY long time.

To further explain, I rarely play shooter video games because the maps have always been difficult for me. I get confused as to where I've been very easily. I played one last night (call of duty black ops) and for about an hour was not affected as much by the screen moving around, after that my focus faded quickly. Hmm, maybe my concentration is increased a little, dunno. It's hard to explain these things when you've been sick for so long.

Live And Let Die

Day 3

I have come down with a cold. Its one of those that could turn into a sinus infection, we'll see. Definately having flu like symptoms (without the stomach issues) which is different from the normal cfs symptoms I normally have.

Live And Let Die

Day 6

Cold is over. Spending much more time on my feet. Still have mini crashes but they are nothing compared to what they were before. Anxiety is down a lot. Cognitive function and stamina is increasing slightly.

Live And Let Die

Day 10 I think.

Brain fog and concentration are improving a little. Still have trouble "finding words" in an extended conversation and making more typos and forgetting to type words. Legs are feeling very hollow, weak and painful, especially the back from my hamstring down to the middle of my calf. It feels like it should be stretched away but it doesn't loosen up. Can't really get into a rythym during the day. I pace around a lot, can't really sit down but can't really get anything started either. I can't put %'s on things accurately because I've been sick for so long I'm pretty sure I don't know where I am from normal health. I'll say I was 35% before starting valtrex, 45% upon quiting valtrex and starting famvir, and maybe 55% now? If I ever fully recover I'll be able to better explain what was going on. But then again, won't we all?

Oh, I almost forgot. I have not once had the insaitiable hunger feeling since I started famvir. I've also gone from 230lbs to 220lbs in 10 days. I still overeat but now it seems it's more out of boredom than depression or that "I need to consume everything in sight" hunger feeling.

Live And Let Die

Day 11

I'll mention that I have been getting headaches for the past few days and they last for a few to several hours. I'm 100% sure this is a side effect of famvir. But compared to the normal CFS symptoms, it's little kid stuff.

I can't remember if I had a daily mini crash today. Yes, actually I did but it wasn't bad at all. I got a lot done that's for sure, a lot by our standards that is.

Live And Let Die

Day 12

I forgot to take my medicine this morning. Starting to think of the future in a positive light. I'm no where near as sensitive to things as I normally am. Only took me 30 minutes to fall asleep last night (naturally). Sneezing a lot but then again allergies are coming around here in Las Vegas.

heapsreal

All sounds good, headaches and sneezing etc sounds like your immune system might be starting to work again as this can happen when the antivirals lower your viral load and your immune sytem has room to move so to speak and cant start working on other bugs.

The last few months i have been going through a big immune system shift as i have had lots of brain fog, headaches and lethargy even though blood tests showed my viral load has been going down, so i think its like an IRIS type reactions(immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome)which seems common with av's and especiall arv's. last few days though all these crappy symptoms have shifted and i have been feeling quite good, so hopefully it keeps going.

hope you keep getting improvement too,
keep us all posted,
cheers!!!

Is it ok to take generic famvir? And generic valtrex? Didn't Dr. Peterson say the generic valtrex is ok if not from India?

Grape Funk

Is it ok to take generic famvir? And generic valtrex? Didn't Dr. Peterson say the generic valtrex is ok if not from India?

Are you sure about that? Im taking valacyclovir from india right now. And if so, how do we change the prescription so it is manufactured from a different country

heapsreal

i use famvir from india and it has been working on me, my blood tests prove that its lowering my elevated lymphoctes. I think there are dodgy companies in every country but just ask around from others experience. 4rx.com have been good to me.

i use famvir from india and it has been working on me, my blood tests prove that its lowering my elevated lymphoctes. I think there are dodgy companies in every country but just ask around from others experience. 4rx.com have been good to me.

Thanks, I'll look at 4rx.com.

Live And Let Die

Just got back from a 3 day fishing trip. Yes, a 3 day fishing trip (including 2 hour drives both ways each day). I'd say I'm noticeably better overall. Typically just the two hour drive to the Colorado River (or any 2 hour drive) would take the life out of me but I was and am amazed at how I didn't crash at all like we know it. Physically I'm still weak but I was able to take my tackle box, 3 fishing poles and two other bags a couple hundred yards and then sit down and rig up each line. I have noticed an increase in muscle/joint pain but perhaps anyone would have that after fishing so many hours. Oh and to boot, I was out in the Vegas/Arizona sun for 8 hours each day. I couple times I caught myself NOT thinking about CFS or anything. I do get run down but I seem to get a little boost each time I take a pill (every 6 to 8 hours depending on the days events). I did get slightly overstimulated towards the end of each day but it seems my sleep is doing better to clear it up.

I'll also add that my "need" for caffine has gone down significantly.

Live And Let Die

It's self inflicted relapse time.

Two nights ago I went to the a concert, was having a great time and decided I felt good enough to have a couple beers. The next morning was not good. I'm still paying for it. Seems like I still have no alcohol tolerance. My legs are heavy and weak, daily crashes are a bit harder, concentration is down, dizzyness is up. It's not as bad as it was before starting famvir but it feels like I'm going to go into an extended crash. We'll see how long and how severe it is.