1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
In Brief: The Adrenal Glands and ME
The second in a new series of ‘In Brief’ articles, where Andrew Gladman provides a helpful insight into the science behind fairly common topics, exploring how they relate to ME/CFS. This time he discusses the adrenal glands and why they can be such a talking point ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Starting BEG nasal spray

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by heapsreal, Aug 13, 2013.

1. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    The BEG basal spray contains BEG: Bactroban (Mupirocin) 0.2%, Edetate Disodium (EDTA) 1%, Gentamicin 3%

BEG Nasal Spray is an effective way to eradicate biofilm forming, antibiotic resistant staphylococcus colonizations in the sinus cavity. BEG Nasal Spray is used to treat patients susceptible to recurrent staph infections.

This unique formulation addresses the needs of patients recovering from mold or lyme toxins. It is an effective option to combat antibiotic resistant bacterial colonies. This is the key step aiding in the recovery and healing process. BEG Nasal Spray's active ingredients are a combination of two antibiotics (Bactroban, Gentamicin) and the calcium chelator EDTA. The EDTA dissolves the biofilm coating clearing the way for a direct attack by the topical antibiotics.

I have been waiting a couple of weeks for my compounding pharmacy to make this up for me and send it on. Today it arrived. First spray stung like hell. Im to use it 3 times a day until its gone. Im also still on oral antibiotics augmentin and minocycline which is helping but still have some issues obviously. I think i have 8 days of augmentin left and will hold off on oral antibiotics and see how effective the sprays has been. I think the spray is suppose to last 4 weeks??

Someone else from here who has been using this for a short while has told me its helping him but the spray is very irritating and has had a few nose bleeds so has diluted it by 50%.

cheers!!!
    Little Bluestem and RustyJ like this.
  2. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    I hope it helps you, heapsreal. (sorry about the stinging)
    heapsreal likes this.
  3. Hip

Hip Senior Member

I found that N-acetyl-glucosamine (NAG), the supplement that (as I explain here) very rapidly and dramatically fixed my severe and constant anxiety symptoms, was also very effective is reducing my chronic nasal/sinus inflammation (at a dose of 750 mg once or twice daily). I'd definitely give NAG a try, if you have nasal/sinus inflammation.
    Sparrowhawk and heapsreal like this.
  4. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Good luck, heaps! I think getting rid of an infection so close to the brain would have to be useful.

I wouldn't worry about backing off the dose a bit at first if you need to do so. That is what my friend did with her nasal spray when it caused too much die-off at first and it worked well.

Ema
    heapsreal likes this.
  5. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    Been a few days on the spray now and i think its helping. The post nasal drip is reduced. Still feeling crappy with some cracker headaches and another sickie from work today. I dont know if its related to sinuses or not or just cmv type viral headache???? I also think the initial irritation from the spray has reduced as well although there is still abit of a sting.

Ema you mention a friend had die off type reactions from nasal spray antibiotics, i wonder if this is the cause of my headaches. For what its worth i dosed up on periactin which is used alot for migraines as well as some gabapentine today for these headaches and it helped alot and i dozed off for a few hours. I feel alot better but still have this headache just lingering in the background.
    Little Bluestem likes this.
  6. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Hampton, NH
    I used this spray (about 5) years ago, when I started seeing my good Dr.

GG
    heapsreal likes this.
  7. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    How did you find the spray?
  8. place

place Be Strong!

US
    My allergist had me use mupriocin I. My Neil med for chronic sinus. I can tell you when I get the infected junk out, my sadness/anxiety goes away, I feel my energy return and the brain fog lift a bit. I have always felt the sinus issue was one of the keys to solving it.
  9. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Senior Member

West Coast USA
    Do you know if hypoglycemics can take this? I'm looking but not finding if this form of glucose causes an insulin response.
  10. Hip

Hip Senior Member

11. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Senior Member

West Coast USA
    Thanks. Yes this is quite clear: "Even though glucosamine is technically a type of sugar, it doesn't appear to affect blood glucose levels or insulin sensitivity. Some preliminary research had suggested that glucosamine might worsen insulin resistance, which can contribute to increases in blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes. But subsequent studies refuted these findings."
  12. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Hampton, NH

I found that it did it's job, and my sinuses are much better. I use a CPAP (w/oxygen) for the last 4 years now, and still get some "crusties" when I use the CPAP, but not as bad as before!

GG
    heapsreal likes this.
  13. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    I am starting to get small amount of blood when i blow my nose, so the irriation the spray is causing is probably to blame. Only have a few days left of the spray. Its definately helped as my post nasal drip is about gone but i still have a small amount of congestion. I may order another spray but wait awhile and let the irritation in my nose heal and or diluted it down which another member from here did.

See more popular forum discussions.