• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Starting BEG nasal spray

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
The BEG basal spray contains BEG: Bactroban (Mupirocin) 0.2%, Edetate Disodium (EDTA) 1%, Gentamicin 3%

BEG Nasal Spray is an effective way to eradicate biofilm forming, antibiotic resistant staphylococcus colonizations in the sinus cavity. BEG Nasal Spray is used to treat patients susceptible to recurrent staph infections.

This unique formulation addresses the needs of patients recovering from mold or lyme toxins. It is an effective option to combat antibiotic resistant bacterial colonies. This is the key step aiding in the recovery and healing process. BEG Nasal Spray's active ingredients are a combination of two antibiotics (Bactroban, Gentamicin) and the calcium chelator EDTA. The EDTA dissolves the biofilm coating clearing the way for a direct attack by the topical antibiotics.

I have been waiting a couple of weeks for my compounding pharmacy to make this up for me and send it on. Today it arrived. First spray stung like hell. Im to use it 3 times a day until its gone. Im also still on oral antibiotics augmentin and minocycline which is helping but still have some issues obviously. I think i have 8 days of augmentin left and will hold off on oral antibiotics and see how effective the sprays has been. I think the spray is suppose to last 4 weeks??

Someone else from here who has been using this for a short while has told me its helping him but the spray is very irritating and has had a few nose bleeds so has diluted it by 50%.

cheers!!!

Hip

I found that N-acetyl-glucosamine (NAG), the supplement that (as I explain here) very rapidly and dramatically fixed my severe and constant anxiety symptoms, was also very effective is reducing my chronic nasal/sinus inflammation (at a dose of 750 mg once or twice daily). I'd definitely give NAG a try, if you have nasal/sinus inflammation.

Ema

Good luck, heaps! I think getting rid of an infection so close to the brain would have to be useful.

I wouldn't worry about backing off the dose a bit at first if you need to do so. That is what my friend did with her nasal spray when it caused too much die-off at first and it worked well.

Ema

heapsreal

Been a few days on the spray now and i think its helping. The post nasal drip is reduced. Still feeling crappy with some cracker headaches and another sickie from work today. I dont know if its related to sinuses or not or just cmv type viral headache???? I also think the initial irritation from the spray has reduced as well although there is still abit of a sting.

Ema you mention a friend had die off type reactions from nasal spray antibiotics, i wonder if this is the cause of my headaches. For what its worth i dosed up on periactin which is used alot for migraines as well as some gabapentine today for these headaches and it helped alot and i dozed off for a few hours. I feel alot better but still have this headache just lingering in the background.

place

Be Strong!
My allergist had me use mupriocin I. My Neil med for chronic sinus. I can tell you when I get the infected junk out, my sadness/anxiety goes away, I feel my energy return and the brain fog lift a bit. I have always felt the sinus issue was one of the keys to solving it.

Sparrowhawk

I found that N-acetyl-glucosamine (NAG), the supplement that (as I explain here) very rapidly and dramatically fixed my severe and constant anxiety symptoms, was also very effective is reducing my chronic nasal/sinus inflammation (at a dose of 750 mg once or twice daily). I'd definitely give NAG a try, if you have nasal/sinus inflammation.
Do you know if hypoglycemics can take this? I'm looking but not finding if this form of glucose causes an insulin response.

Sparrowhawk

Thanks. Yes this is quite clear: "Even though glucosamine is technically a type of sugar, it doesn't appear to affect blood glucose levels or insulin sensitivity. Some preliminary research had suggested that glucosamine might worsen insulin resistance, which can contribute to increases in blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes. But subsequent studies refuted these findings."

heapsreal

I am starting to get small amount of blood when i blow my nose, so the irriation the spray is causing is probably to blame. Only have a few days left of the spray. Its definately helped as my post nasal drip is about gone but i still have a small amount of congestion. I may order another spray but wait awhile and let the irritation in my nose heal and or diluted it down which another member from here did.

From my understanding is that mold exposure may cause an serious infection in sinuses.
I read that mold , mycotoxin. or sick building illness will never ever be completely cured unless this infection is addressed.
MARCoNS (Multiple Antibiotic Resistant Coagulase Negative Staphylococci) is an antibiotic resistant staph infection that resides deep in the nose of 80% of people with low MSH (Melanocyte-Stimulating Hormone this hormone when it is messed up it which triggers a domino reaction too much to write here read Shoemakers book.

A regular ENT is not the right doctor .I saw five ENT doctor and had sinus surgery all did nasal smear and stuff sent to pathology lab no findings

My ND studied with Shoemaker, knew I had mold exposure and he did a deep nasal smear.
Lab results I had MARCoNS.

I was put on BEGS . Here is brief list of side effects and symptoms from BEGS spray:
Dizziness, major brain fog, head ache, major fatigue, and sleepiness, I felt a level of exhaustion, agitated, and short on patience I sum this up as a total die off
reaction. I slept a lot during this time. I also used neti pot with EDTA a couple
hours later I had a reaction that stunned me sorry this is graphic. I felt a odd
sensation in my nose so ran into the bathroom and I tipped my head a bunch of
thick, clear jelly like mucus slide out of my nose a couple hours after using it It was biofilm!
Then I used BEGS spray. And would do 10 minutes of deep breathing

Last edited:

stetson28

If it aint broke don't fix it...but.
I am starting to get small amount of blood when i blow my nose, so the irriation the spray is causing is probably to blame. Only have a few days left of the spray. Its definately helped as my post nasal drip is about gone but i still have a small amount of congestion. I may order another spray but wait awhile and let the irritation in my nose heal and or diluted it down which another member from here did.

heapsreal, did you receive any benefit from the BEG nose spray? Where were you able to procure such a product was it something that needed to be prescribed or was it something that was compounded for you? Thanks.

Hip

Where were you able to procure such a product

Woodland Hills Compounding Pharmacy sells both BEG nasal sprays to kill MARCoNS in the Shoemaker protocol, as well as an antifungal nasal spray for use in Joseph Brewer's protocol (and they have one product that contains both BEG and antifungals in the same nasal spray, the BEG-IB spray, so that you can do both protocols at the same time).

Unfortunately they do not ship internationally, so I have not been able to obtain these sprays.

Two BEG sprays into the nose, applied 2 to 3 times a day for 30 days, is the usual protocol for killing MARCoNS. Ref: 1

I would be slightly concerned with the gentamicin antibiotic in the BEG nasal spray, as gentamicin has ototoxicity. If I were using a BEG spray, I'd probably take N-acetyl-cysteine at the same time, as this has been shown to reduce gentamicin ototoxicity.

stetson28

Was the BEG nose spray beneficial to you? Thanks.

stetson28

Woodland Hills Compounding Pharmacy sells both BEG nasal sprays to kill MARCoNS in the Shoemaker protocol, as well as an antifungal nasal spray for use in Joseph Brewer's protocol (and they have one product that contains both BEG and antifungals in the same nasal spray, the BEG-IB spray, so that you can do both protocols at the same time).

Unfortunately they do not ship internationally, so I have not been able to obtain these sprays.

Two BEG sprays into the nose, applied 2 to 3 times a day for 30 days, is the usual protocol for killing MARCoNS. Ref: 1

I would be slightly concerned with the gentamicin antibiotic in the BEG nasal spray, as gentamicin has ototoxicity. If I were using a BEG spray, I'd probably take N-acetyl-cysteine at the same time, as this has been shown to reduce gentamicin ototoxicity.

I have been a member on phoenix for a while but have not been using it much so I consider myself to be still a newby. I have a dumb question, do we not have a group of folks that will ship to each other in a bind using Paypal or bitcoins? I have seen a lot of circumstances where things are not available in many areas but are not necessarily controlled or band substances.

ps had you spoken to anyone who had benefited from the spray? Thanks

Hip

do we not have a group of folks that will ship to each other in a bind using Paypal or bitcoins?

There's nothing formally set up like this, but it is very unusual to find a drug or supplement that is only available in one country and cannot be shipped abroad. I was thinking of using a mail forwarding service in the US to obtain it. Unfortunately though, Woodland Hills pharmacy also require a prescription, which adds another layer of complexity if you have not got a good ME/CFS doctor to provide one.

ps had you spoken to anyone who had benefited from the spray? Thanks

The BEG spray is used for mold and biotoxin-induced illness (what Shoemaker calls chronic inflammatory response syndrome, or CIRS), rather than ME/CFS; although some ME/CFS patients conceivably may have mold problems as well as viral problems.

There was recently someone here on the Health Rising forum who was misdiagnosed with ME/CFS for 10 years, when he really had CIRS. After discovering he had CIRS and not ME/CFS, he followed a partial Shoemaker protocol for treating CIRS, and was back to near full health in just 5 months.

The Shoemaker protocol he followed included:
  • Cholestyramine and Welchol to bind to the mycotoxins in the intestines, and pull them out of the body.
  • The no amylose diet.
  • The antibiotic BEG nasal spray to get rid of a MARCoN infection in the nasal and sinus mucous membranes
The full 11 step Shoemaker protocol for mold and biotoxin induced illness is given here. The protocol is described in more detail here.

Whether the BEG spray might also be helpful in cases of pure ME/CFS without any mold or biotoxin involvement, I don't know. Shoemaker-trained doctors I believe will usually test for the presence of MARCoNs in the nose before prescribing the BEG spray.

stetson28

Thank you for the link. Do you know if the HLA halotype is able to be determined from 23andme? I live in a very conservative state so getting these unique labs ie. MSH, VGEF Beta1 etc. would be next to impossible while also being laughed out of the doctors office.