Surprisingly good outcomes for people who get ME/CFS after Mononucleosis (Glandular Fever)
Sometimes ME/CFS emerges after mononucleosis, or glandular fever. Simon McGrath shares results from a long-term follow-up study from Haukeland University Hospital in Norway...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Started on acyclovir...feeling worse than before.

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by Zensational, May 3, 2012.

1. Zensational

Zensational

Orlando, Florida
    I started taking Acyclovir 800mg a week ago and am feeling very symptomatic, almost like a healing crisis. I don't suppose that is what is happening but I feel even more tired and achey and the brain fog. :confused: I seem to have averted most of the nausea that many have experienced by dissolving the huge tablet under my tongue after a meal. I'm also taking Zantac twice a day while on the protocol.
    I'm hoping this passes soon. There is only so much daytime TV I can tolerate. ;)

2. Xandoff

Xandoff Michael

Northern Vermont
    After 14 months on Valcyte concurrent with Famcyclovir (similar to Acyclovir) I improved but still watch day time TV> Damn. I now only take 500 mg of famcyclovir twice a day. It really helps with my brain function. !It also helps to keep my titers down on some of the chronic sub infections I have.
    Good Luck Zensational

3. atoska

atoska

rome italy
    Hi Zensational,
    I´m also taking acyclovir. i started just with 200mg a day, and increased every three weeks another 200mg. the day that I increased to 1000mg i started feeling very bad too. but it only lasted about three weeks. suddenly i woke up one day and was feeling pretty good. that good feeling didin´t last much :( i´m still taking acyclovir though, and just started with equilibrant. hope it starts working!
    i think you should start feeling better in a few weeks. good luck!
    andrea

4. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Narcissism = lack of self awareness

Left Coast
    I just ordered some 800 mg Acyclovir. Should have it in a few weeks. Any thoughts on how to start? I was going to do 400 mgs/day in 2 doses for 2 weeks and then add 200 more etc, but maybe that is too fast? Any suggestions on how to take this?

Thanks

5. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    starting at a low dose and gradually increasing it is a good move, even 200mg twice a day to start with is cool, also not eveyone has die off type reactions, you might not have any negative reactions. It can take a few months to get the positive effects from antivirals, so hang in there .

6. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Narcissism = lack of self awareness

Left Coast
    Thanks heapsreal. I'm pretty sensitive to stuff so I'll go slow and see how it goes. I have multiple infections so I'm prepared to be miserable for awhile. Preparing to hang!

See more popular forum discussions.