• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Started Methylation protocol-Need Advice

Misfit Toy

I was started on the methylation protocol. So far, I am able to tolerate Molybdenum, and Yucca but have now added in Sam-e and Lithium Orotate. Yesterday, something made me feel wired. I will stop Lithium today and just try Sam-e.

I was told by Living Wellness to just take a crumb of the Sam-e. years ago,I was okay on Sam-E.

Do people on here just take crumbs? I believe I have seen that, but with something like Sam-E?

He also wants me on Seriphos, but can't take it. It makes my adrenalin fly like no other. The opposite of what it's supposed to do. I was told to replace it with TMG. Trimethylglcine as a shortcut. Anyone try this?

Feeling overwhelmed and racy. Nightsweats last night.

Thank you!

LaurieL

I am sorry, but I do not have time to chase results. Will you please provide a direct link? I have a meeting this aft, will get back to you.

Misfit Toy

Hi Laurel, I am sorry and that's fine that you can't look for results, but I will not have a computer for a few days using phone. Have posted results in the past with a link. The results are easy to get to under albums, but I totally understand.

Looking more for not what to take, but how to take..as in, pieces of pills, crumb size, etc.

Already have a practitioner. Just wanting to know about Sam-e and have people had to take crumbs of it?

Thank you.

LaurieL

Ah misfit, I am a bit stressed, so I offer an apology for my abruptness. Hope you will accept. I looked at your profile page and your albums, and there is nothing under your album.

To answer your specific question, yes, many have had to take crumbs of many of the available methylation supplements. SAMe is a universal methyl donor. You will want to be watchful if you have CBS or ACAT mutations and additionally the MAT enzyme mutations. COMT would be another as far as methyl groups.

Misfit Toy

Hi Laurel, no problem. It's not on my profile page, but at top of Phoenix Rising page, in blue, it says AlBUMS. Click on that and my album is the first page that comes up. 71 people have viewed it from this post.

It's okay though.

I have just been so ill and as usual, I don't know what is doing what. Was diagnosed with Celiac disease. Was started on glutamine today. Also, started Sam-e and lithium yesterday.

It's extremely HOT today and that could be a problem, too.

95 degrees. Dying.

Sea

Hi Laurel, no problem. It's not on my profile page, but at top of Phoenix Rising page, in blue, it says AlBUMS. Click on that and my album is the first page that comes up.

Perhap it's the first one that comes up for you because it's yours? I couldn't find it either.

Sorry I have no useful info for you, but I hope it settles down for you soon

Misfit Toy

I am on my iPhone. I don't know why it comes up first for me. It's under Misfit Toy under ALBUMS and the first photo is from 23 & Me. Sorry for the confusion.

I wish I had a computer right now to show a link.

Misfit Toy

Ema, I took it years ago. $47.00. Wicked expensive. I took a chip yesterday. I am wondering how people do this...especially sensitive people.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
How are you doing with the lithium orotate now? It calms me. I sometimes take days where I skip most of my pills. I just take the prescription ones and the essential supplements. I learned that lithium orotate is an essential supplement for me. But then, you are not me.

Misfit Toy

@Liitle Bluestem, I am a mess. I am not taking Lithium now as my stomach is so sick and I am so sick from Glutamine. I am away on a mini vacation, but what a vacation. I can't leave the house. I feel so ill and I can't sleep. I am in crisis mode.

Charles555nc

Most methylation pros wouldnt agree to take this with your methylation protocol, but I take 4 grams of sodium ascorbate (salt vitamin C) and 600 to 1200mg NAC a day and this really helps my moods. Make sure to take 800-1600mg methyl folate with the NAC if you arent already.

juniemarie

How are you doing with the lithium orotate now? It calms me. I sometimes take days where I skip most of my pills. I just take the prescription ones and the essential supplements. I learned that lithium orotate is an essential supplement for me. But then, you are not me.

Lithium Orotate calms me to the point of turning me into a drugged zombie I wonder why?