• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Started Immunovir

bertiedog

At last I am getting some treatment for the high number of Herpes-type viruses that are at abnormal levels in my blood and also for the severe bad throats I frequently have. I went again to the Breakspear and saw Dr Munro this past Tuesday and on Wednesday I started Immunovir. Dr M wanted me to go straight in at 2 tablets x 4 daily but I have read up a lot on this drug and it would seem a more normal protocol would be 1x3 for the first week, none on Saturday/Sunday and then 2x3 the following week and I feel this would be better for me.

I have had a very sore, red throat for 2 weeks now but today it is a lot better so that's encouraging.. In addition, I am to use an oxygen concentrator for 4 hours daily because I have such poor oxygen levels after have autonomic testing. I was in a bit of state of shock to hear there were so many problems with my autonomic nervous system and oxygen levels which were under half of what they would be in a normal person.

Pam

bertiedog

It looks like my throat is now infected because I am feeling very unwell and it is very swollen with pus. Does anybody know if its ok to take Penicillen with the Immunovir?

I have taken 1000 mg Penicillen so hope it is!

Thanks

Pam

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
i cant see a problem using antibiotics with immunovir, maybe u have had those bugs there awhile and now immunovir has switched your immune system on and is now fighting it. Hope u start feeling well soon.

cheers!!!

bertiedog

Thanks Heapsreal
Today I have felt very bad, throat very sore, nil energy and a dull sort of migraine. Haven't been able to do anything apart from rest, its so boring! I have an important meeting I have to get to in the morning so hoping and praying I will improve a little.

My oxygen concentrator comes on Tuesday so I am hanging in there!

Best wishes

Pam

heapsreal

Sometimes with these treatments it can be good/ok to take a break if your feeling that crappy, dont suffer endlessly from it though. Play around with your dosing, maybe lower it and slowly over time increase it. I think a drug like immunovir, they still dont know alot about it compared to many other meds,

cheers!!!

bertiedog

Yes I backed off yesterday to just 2 tabs Immunovir because I was taking lots of Penicillen. I am a tiny bit better this morning and its all complicated by this sort of thing hitting my adrenals for which I have to take a steroid. Its very difficult getting the dose right when I have an infection. I find it also affects my thyroid with a tendancy for it to go a bit hyper which is weird. The racing heart at times is most unpleasant.

heapsreal

bertie, sometimes the antibiotics could also be making u feel yuk, but just finish your course to sort your throat infection, then u might find everything falls into place. Adrenals can bea tricky thing to get a handle on too, good luck with that.

bertiedog

I am on day 7 of Immunovir 3 daily for 5 days and 6 daily for 2 days. I didn't have a break because I had the throat infection which cleared up with the Penicillen but still stayed very sore and I also developed sneezing and catarrh so thought I should carry on till this Saturday when I will have 2 days off.

On some occasions I get sore glands in my neck and last night I woke up soaking wet with sweat. Very unpleasant. I haven't had that in years. So today I decided to back down to 3 tabs and things have felt better so far. No sore glands or muscles just a tiny bit of catarrh and only a tiny bit of sweating when I was doing voluntary work in a very warm building. I haven't been able to produce catarrh for years so feel the Immunovir is doing something.and it is very unusual for me to have sore glands in my neck too.

During this time I have also been using an oxygen concentrator having been diagnosed with dysautonomia and low oxygen sats. This has helped me a lot and I guess it could be making the Immunovir more effective?