• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Started Freddd Protocol about a week ago...

brenda

I caution strongly against mosquito bites as they have been found to carry Lyme bacteria and goodness knows what else.

nkm

Make sure you don't take potassium at the same time as methylfolate. Potassium and vitamin c (especially ascorbic acid) block methylfolate absorption in the gut. If you're taking it sublingually (such as with Solgar's Metafolin) this might not be as much of an issue.

Thanks, I had no idea about the absorption issues. Ive changed my schedule to ensure there is no clash especially given my potassium is slow release.

Also, with the different methylfolates, I don't believe they are saying one is more potent than the other. They are indicating how much actual folate is included from the total figure. As far as I understand, the amount of the glucosamine used for quatrefolic is of a higher proportion compared to the calcium used for metafolin but the amount of methylfolate is the same.

Freddd

I was on Rich's protocol for about 3 months with differing doses. I went up to 3.2mg of metafolin and around I had used perqueB12 and also some meB12. The meB12 was not sustained very long though.

My metabolic profile showed lots of plasma fatty acids were at the high end. Rich said this was likely due to a lack of NADH which "presents" the fatty acids to the mitochondria. I took 50mg NAD per day and my liver enzymes went through the roof! This is good evidence that B3 does reduce methylation function but I feel it is only of consequence when there is a lack of methylation and possibly not when the MTR enzyme is being "topped-out" with meB12 and meFolate.

On another note, I read peroxynitrite destroys NADH, which helps me understand the above regarding the elevated fatty acids. When the methylation cycle is running better, peroxynitrite will reduce, NADH will increase and help present fatty acids to te mitochondria and carnitine, which will also increase due to better methylation, will catalyse beta-oxidation. I am learning more and more how crucial methylation is for sooooo many different crucial functions.

I would prefer carnitine to be formed naturally as methylation comes back on line, since methylation produces carnitine from lysine. I am taking fulvic minerals, which is arguably the best form and balance of minerals for human's. I also take 5,000IU vit D and 1mg vit C per day.

My MD was saying the one-off DMSA gets all the extracellular stuff while the 3 day challenge (with a couple of doses of NAC in between) gives a much better indication. I know there is likely to be quite a lot of stuff there but at the same time, the MD has done hundreds of these profiles (as he does chelation therapy) and has good experience to recognise heavy metal burden.

Your description of "life" resonates with my feelings of life. Trying to push through it all and spend time with others seems like a great idea in theory but when it comes down to it, I take no action and don't really want to...at the same time, knowing it is not the "normal" way to live. Since I have been in this situation from age 8, I never knew any different and thought "it's just me". But now I know it is anything but normal!!

Hi Nkm

L-carnitine fumarate is the forth component in the 4 way deadlock. NOT taking it can keep everything from happening. The reason l-carnitine fumarate for fat transport doesn't get made adequately by everybody is for unknown reasons, possibly genetic. However, it can be a firm deadlock. Going to higher doses will make no difference. You need to find the missing factor(s); l-carnitine fumarate, SAM-e, D, magnesium, Biotin, B1, B2, B3. p5p most likely, but D-ribose can also be a logjam.. When you get healing going there will likely be low potassium and low folate and that is when you titrate the folate to effectiveness. 1mg of each of these items, AdoCbl, MeCbl and methylfolate is plenty to get healing started if everything else is present. That is the key. Increasing without things working doesn't work.

Sea

This is from dbkita:

Thanks for the researching you do Lotus. When you quote someone could you include a link to the thread please? Often I'd like to read more than what you've included. (Don't want to hijack this thread but for example at the moment I am trying to find out more about p5p and r5p so I'd like to go to the thread where dkbita is discussing this)

nkm

I think it might be best for me to post on the mega "B-12 - The Hidden Story" thread. I have an interesting update with the Mefolate, MeB12/AdB12 protocol which I think fits Fred's "start up responses".

After scanning this page and previous several times, am still confused. Really would like to know more about reducing
muscle wasting. Noticed that MB12 increased weight loss so just use a few drops in morning and when need.
will order the carnitine fumerate. Eat (this week) turkey drumstick, banana squash, lettuce, brocoli, onion,swiss cheese (see if ok with normally dairy doesnt work ), peas, raisins- forget what else .
Any suggestions what avoid or trial out?
Thanks

Phred

I started building muscle when I started taking adenosylb12. I didn't do anything differently. I just walked my dog like I normally did and suddenly I noticed I had calf muscles again. I've started noticing my thighs are getting muscles again too. I also take the LCF, but I noticed the muscle rebuilding before I introduced it.

Phred, Thank you
Is the AB12 similiar to the D one,will try to find the name, I just use the first letter (A or M or D for B12)
my B12 was towards high on blood test, but helps so much for energy and brain concentration , realized needed it anyway. I guess with the MTHFRC677T ++, might not be making much folate either, thought the vegies would work for me. What brand do you use? saw the D one at store by Country life.
Thanks
Lynn D

Phred

Hi Lynn,

I think the "D" b12 you're talking about is the same I'm referring to. ADb12 is sometimes called Dibencozide. I don't know why. I'm sure some of the more well informed could explain it.

Since you have MTHFR you might want to avoid Country Life. It has folic acid, not methylfolate. I take the brand name Anabol. It comes in 10mg capsules. I use about 1/3 of a capsule and put the contents between lip and gum and hold it there for about 2 hours. I had to work up to that dose. The first time I took it I used 1/6 of the capsule and it knocked my socks off!

Phred, Thats it. Yes , dont want the folic acid. Did a websearch on Anabol for sale, didnt see it. I have liquid MB12 now so put under tongue. Am looking at carnitine fumerate, and saw another thread that someone said did worse with PS, but found this person really pushing it as good shortcut. Not sure how to tell ahead of time if might be better with some supplements. When you say "knocked your socks off" , is that a good thing? (my brother had his knocked off in a car acc. )
Thank you

Phred

When you say "knocked your socks off" , is that a good thing? (my brother had his knocked off in a car acc. )
Thank you

My friend's shoes came off in our car accident. She got out of the car in bare feet, walking on broken glass, put the dangling battery - dripping acid - back into the car, closed the hood, got back into the driver's seat and tried to start the car to drive away. :eek: She was in a bit of shock. Anyway that's how I spent my 16th birthday. Fun, fun, fun!

As for the Anabol knocking my socks off, I'm referring to the energy boost it gave. I was taking Source Naturals Dibencozide at about 5mg (half a tablet). I was doing ok on it. I read Freddd's posts about the Anabol and how potent it was so that's why I only took 1/6 of the 10mg capsule. I almost couldn't handle the energy it gave me. I was clearly still quite deficient in adb12 then. Now I'm up to 1/3, sometimes 1/2 of a capsule. If I need an energy boost I'll take extra. Like when I went to the Rush concert earlier this month. I took my regular dose in the morning and then another 1/2 capsule before the show. Got through it with no problems.

As for LCF (carnitine fumarate) I'm not sure it's doing much for me. It makes my husband shaky and he doesn't like that. But I don't notice much of anything with it. When I get my butt in gear I'm going to try ALCAR and see if that does anything different for me.

Oh and I get the Anabol from iherb. It costs a small fortune for shipping and duty, but it gets here in about 2 days which is great!

Hi LynnD, the third form of B12 that you are asking about has several names. It is called Dibencozide, Adenosylcobalamin, and Cobamamide.

This is the Wikipedia entry for it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenosylcobalamin

Freddd refers to it as AB12, "A" (for Adenosyl) + "B12", I think.

Thank you
I looked those all up at iherb and pureformula where have tried buying online.
looked at this page - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NADPH and found coenzyme forms of B2,... near the bottom of page.
Wish new ahead of time if this would be helpful or not, is that done by testing or symptoms or just trial?
Thanks

Hi LynnD, the third form of B12 that you are asking about has several names. It is called Dibencozide, Adenosylcobalamin, and Cobamamide.

This is the Wikipedia entry for it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenosylcobalamin

Freddd refers to it as AB12, "A" (for Adenosyl) + "B12", I think.

My friend's shoes came off in our car accident. She got out of the car in bare feet, walking on broken glass, put the dangling battery - dripping acid - back into the car, closed the hood, got back into the driver's seat and tried to start the car to drive away. :eek: She was in a bit of shock. Anyway that's how I spent my 16th birthday. Fun, fun, fun!

As for the Anabol knocking my socks off, I'm referring to the energy boost it gave. I was taking Source Naturals Dibencozide at about 5mg (half a tablet). I was doing ok on it. I read Freddd's posts about the Anabol and how potent it was so that's why I only took 1/6 of the 10mg capsule. I almost couldn't handle the energy it gave me. I was clearly still quite deficient in adb12 then. Now I'm up to 1/3, sometimes 1/2 of a capsule. If I need an energy boost I'll take extra. Like when I went to the Rush concert earlier this month. I took my regular dose in the morning and then another 1/2 capsule before the show. Got through it with no problems.

As for LCF (carnitine fumarate) I'm not sure it's doing much for me. It makes my husband shaky and he doesn't like that. But I don't notice much of anything with it. When I get my butt in gear I'm going to try ALCAR and see if that does anything different for me.

Oh and I get the Anabol from iherb. It costs a small fortune for shipping and duty, but it gets here in about 2 days which is great!

Tried the LCF yesterday and slight headache , no better energy. Tried the Lacetyl form (is that ALCAR?) yrs ago and made me tired. so either not for me or need conutrients.
Did try a B2 r5p and it helped with energy. Someone told me only try the methylfolate if have high homocystein levels (never measured, just CRP(low)). Though since 677T ++, thought MF might help other stuff.
Thanks

Am going to Dr and writing what might test for, any ideas?
Also found this B12 ,
B12-ND , on pureformula website, anyone here familiar with it?
Thanks
Lynn D

sflorence

My metabolic profile showed lots of plasma fatty acids were at the high end. Rich said this was likely due to a lack of NADH which "presents" the fatty acids to the mitochondria. I took 50mg NAD per day and my liver enzymes went through the roof! This is good evidence that B3 does reduce methylation function but I feel it is only of consequence when there is a lack of methylation and possibly not when the MTR enzyme is being "topped-out" with meB12 and meFolate.

Interesting. I have extremely low plasma fatty acids.. What does Rich say about that? Is NADH involved in the absorption of fatty acids to the plasma?

Thanks!