1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Part 2: Brain Cells Making us Sick? Messed up microglia could be driving symptoms
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, might be overactive and driving the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Started Freddd Protocol about a week ago...

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by nkm, Jun 19, 2013.

1. brenda

brenda Senior Member

UK
    I caution strongly against mosquito bites as they have been found to carry Lyme bacteria and goodness knows what else.
  2. nkm

nkm

Thanks, I had no idea about the absorption issues. Ive changed my schedule to ensure there is no clash especially given my potassium is slow release.

Also, with the different methylfolates, I don't believe they are saying one is more potent than the other. They are indicating how much actual folate is included from the total figure. As far as I understand, the amount of the glucosamine used for quatrefolic is of a higher proportion compared to the calcium used for metafolin but the amount of methylfolate is the same.
  3. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    Hi Nkm

L-carnitine fumarate is the forth component in the 4 way deadlock. NOT taking it can keep everything from happening. The reason l-carnitine fumarate for fat transport doesn't get made adequately by everybody is for unknown reasons, possibly genetic. However, it can be a firm deadlock. Going to higher doses will make no difference. You need to find the missing factor(s); l-carnitine fumarate, SAM-e, D, magnesium, Biotin, B1, B2, B3. p5p most likely, but D-ribose can also be a logjam.. When you get healing going there will likely be low potassium and low folate and that is when you titrate the folate to effectiveness. 1mg of each of these items, AdoCbl, MeCbl and methylfolate is plenty to get healing started if everything else is present. That is the key. Increasing without things working doesn't work.
  4. Sea

Sea Senior Member

NSW Australia
    Thanks for the researching you do Lotus. When you quote someone could you include a link to the thread please? Often I'd like to read more than what you've included. (Don't want to hijack this thread but for example at the moment I am trying to find out more about p5p and r5p so I'd like to go to the thread where dkbita is discussing this)
  5. nkm

nkm

I think it might be best for me to post on the mega "B-12 - The Hidden Story" thread. I have an interesting update with the Mefolate, MeB12/AdB12 protocol which I think fits Fred's "start up responses".
  6. LynnD

LynnD

After scanning this page and previous several times, am still confused. Really would like to know more about reducing
    muscle wasting. Noticed that MB12 increased weight loss so just use a few drops in morning and when need.
    will order the carnitine fumerate. Eat (this week) turkey drumstick, banana squash, lettuce, brocoli, onion,swiss cheese (see if ok with normally dairy doesnt work ), peas, raisins- forget what else .
    Any suggestions what avoid or trial out?
    Thanks
  7. Phred

Phred Senior Member

I started building muscle when I started taking adenosylb12. I didn't do anything differently. I just walked my dog like I normally did and suddenly I noticed I had calf muscles again. I've started noticing my thighs are getting muscles again too. I also take the LCF, but I noticed the muscle rebuilding before I introduced it.
  8. LynnD

LynnD

Phred, Thank you
    Is the AB12 similiar to the D one,will try to find the name, I just use the first letter (A or M or D for B12)
    my B12 was towards high on blood test, but helps so much for energy and brain concentration , realized needed it anyway. I guess with the MTHFRC677T ++, might not be making much folate either, thought the vegies would work for me. What brand do you use? saw the D one at store by Country life.
    Thanks
    Lynn D
  9. Phred

Phred Senior Member

Hi Lynn,

I think the "D" b12 you're talking about is the same I'm referring to. ADb12 is sometimes called Dibencozide. I don't know why. I'm sure some of the more well informed could explain it.

Since you have MTHFR you might want to avoid Country Life. It has folic acid, not methylfolate. I take the brand name Anabol. It comes in 10mg capsules. I use about 1/3 of a capsule and put the contents between lip and gum and hold it there for about 2 hours. I had to work up to that dose. The first time I took it I used 1/6 of the capsule and it knocked my socks off!
  10. LynnD

LynnD

Phred, Thats it. Yes , dont want the folic acid. Did a websearch on Anabol for sale, didnt see it. I have liquid MB12 now so put under tongue. Am looking at carnitine fumerate, and saw another thread that someone said did worse with PS, but found this person really pushing it as good shortcut. Not sure how to tell ahead of time if might be better with some supplements. When you say "knocked your socks off" , is that a good thing? (my brother had his knocked off in a car acc. )
    Thank you
  11. Phred

Phred Senior Member

My friend's shoes came off in our car accident. She got out of the car in bare feet, walking on broken glass, put the dangling battery - dripping acid - back into the car, closed the hood, got back into the driver's seat and tried to start the car to drive away. :eek: She was in a bit of shock. Anyway that's how I spent my 16th birthday. Fun, fun, fun!

As for the Anabol knocking my socks off, I'm referring to the energy boost it gave. I was taking Source Naturals Dibencozide at about 5mg (half a tablet). I was doing ok on it. I read Freddd's posts about the Anabol and how potent it was so that's why I only took 1/6 of the 10mg capsule. I almost couldn't handle the energy it gave me. I was clearly still quite deficient in adb12 then. Now I'm up to 1/3, sometimes 1/2 of a capsule. If I need an energy boost I'll take extra. Like when I went to the Rush concert earlier this month. I took my regular dose in the morning and then another 1/2 capsule before the show. Got through it with no problems.

As for LCF (carnitine fumarate) I'm not sure it's doing much for me. It makes my husband shaky and he doesn't like that. But I don't notice much of anything with it. When I get my butt in gear I'm going to try ALCAR and see if that does anything different for me.

Oh and I get the Anabol from iherb. It costs a small fortune for shipping and duty, but it gets here in about 2 days which is great!
  12. Bluebell

Bluebell Senior Member

Hi LynnD, the third form of B12 that you are asking about has several names. It is called Dibencozide, Adenosylcobalamin, and Cobamamide.

This is the Wikipedia entry for it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenosylcobalamin

Freddd refers to it as AB12, "A" (for Adenosyl) + "B12", I think.
  13. LynnD

LynnD

Thank you
    I looked those all up at iherb and pureformula where have tried buying online.
    looked at this page - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NADPH and found coenzyme forms of B2,... near the bottom of page.
    Wish new ahead of time if this would be helpful or not, is that done by testing or symptoms or just trial?
    Thanks
  14. LynnD

LynnD

Tried the LCF yesterday and slight headache , no better energy. Tried the Lacetyl form (is that ALCAR?) yrs ago and made me tired. so either not for me or need conutrients.
    Did try a B2 r5p and it helped with energy. Someone told me only try the methylfolate if have high homocystein levels (never measured, just CRP(low)). Though since 677T ++, thought MF might help other stuff.
    Thanks
  15. LynnD

LynnD

Am going to Dr and writing what might test for, any ideas?
    Also found this B12 ,
    B12-ND , on pureformula website, anyone here familiar with it?
    Thanks
    Lynn D

See more popular forum discussions.