Jen Brea launches mass-advocacy platform — #MEAction goes live!
Jen Brea is a phenomenon. After working as a freelance writer in China and Africa, she enrolled for a PhD at Harvard in political science but, four years ago, got sick. She had a fever that lasted ten days.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Start Low and Go Slow - How to Be Safe On A Methylation Protocol

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by caledonia, Nov 27, 2013.

1. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Yes, I used to be a technical writer, among other things.

NilaJones likes this.
  2. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    You could either do all three, or just hydroxy, or just methyl + adenosyl, whatever works best for you.

Hydroxy converts to methyl + adenosyl, and your body needs both - methyl for methylation and adenosyl for the mitochondria.

If you find you don't tolerate hydroxy (even though your SNPs say you should), then take methyl + adenosyl. This is what happened in my case.

lnester7 likes this.
  3. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member

Toronto
    Hi Caladonia
    I also want to thank you for your effort at putting this information together in such a clear easy to understand way.
    I have had so much trouble trying to understand this from reading a variety of threads.
    Hopefully this will help simplify it for me enough to move forward in a less hazardous way.
    SD

4. Milford

Milford

Really helpful, thank you again. Potassium deficiency has been a serious problem for me, but I am pretty confident about managing it now.
    My biggest problem Dow is dealing with the dumping of metals..... I get a VERY strong metallic taste when I start to detox. Am wondering what to use to grab the metals so I don't re absorb.

5. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member

Toronto
    I haven't tried it yet but you might want to research bentonite clay as a possible solution to metal detox.

6. rubydragon

rubydragon

Thank you so much for these resources, Caledonia. I bought some hydroxocobalamin sublinguals (Perque) for my daughter, but due to complications (outlined here), I'm not giving them to her yet. However, since learning that she has MTHFR/MTR mutations, I've been wondering about myself. Just taking one tab makes me feel spacey, a little loopy, a little more irritable and a little GI discomfort. I've downloaded your low and slow advice. Also appreciate the advice for transitioning off pysch meds. I hope I get the opportunity to help make that happen for my daughter. :)

7. Sherpa

Sherpa Ex-workaholic & adrenaline junkie

USA
    Great tips for someone new to this, thank you @caledonia

See more popular forum discussions.