• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

staph treatments?

xrayspex

I am trying to figure out what a dermatitis is that I get from time to time and its possible its a type of staph, but not at all sure.
But just in case that is part of it (chelitis is defintely part of it) I started researching natural remedies for staph and mrsa...so am curious if any others out there have suspected this or know you have had it and what worked? sounds like better to not get into cycle of antibiotics, but some recommend herbs and oils etc

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I get a dermittis on my back that flares up every so often. I cant say that i have had any success with natural treatments but have had some success with antibiotic doxycycline 100mg a day for 2-4 weeks and if severe enough use a cortisone cream that hits it hard. When im on abx i take precautions with it upsetting my natural gut environment by using things like sacchromyce bouldarri and probiotics which help prevent yeast and bacterial overgrowth infections and use them for a few weeks after using abx. A plus to doxycycline is that it can also be effective for other bacterial infections implicated in cfs/me. I also find following a low carb diet helps as well by reducing these flare ups.

cheers!!!

taniaaust1

Hi there. Ive had what was diagnosed as staph in my leg on a few occassions... I also have a friend who has been diagnosed with staph causing sores on his body (who really knows thou but interestingly, these sores he used to get for years did clear up with antibiotics so maybe he did have staph).

In my own case.. the staph made like a lumpy red boil thing which then went black and the skin turning black and this blackness started spreading outwards, it was like very deep in my thigh and took several courses of antibiotics to fix (left a pitch black patch on my leg for almost a year or more). I think one of the things which helped to get rid of it permanently (it kept on coming back in the same spot) wasnt the antibiotics but also taking very high doses of olive leaf extract at the same time.