1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Stanford University To Open A Center For Studying Bad Science

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Dolphin, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

(Not to do with ME/CFS specifically)

continues at: http://www.popsci.com/article/science/stanford-university-open-center-studying-bad-science
    WillowJ, Valentijn, biophile and 6 others like this.
  2. A.B.

A.B. Senior Member

Highly interesting, but also a wasted opportunity.
    WillowJ, Valentijn and biophile like this.
  3. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Agreed. But then much of the psychopsychiatry is not science. What are they to do?
    Valentijn, SOC and biophile like this.
  4. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    It's pretending to be science, so it would be nice if it's pointed out when it's failing to meet those claims :p
  5. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Examing why intelligent people, educated people, and supposedly responsible and rational people, completely ignore and refuse to deal with bad psychiatry is one of the goals in my investigation. Its not going to come down to a simple answer, its a complex soup of issues at so very many levels.

One issue an institute may face is that taking on big pharma is a huge ask. Taking them on and the psychopsych factions at the same times might be politically or pragmatically difficult. I can only hope that once they are fully established they widen their focus to include psychopsychiatry.
    A.B., Valentijn and peggy-sue like this.
  6. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Esther12 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.