• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Stanford study evaluating hormones in women with ME/CFS and healthy controls (18-45)

Dolphin

I spoke with the coordinator for this study, Tullia Lieb, and you can be from any location in the world to participate.

Dr. Jose G. Montoya, Professor of Medicine at Stanford University, is conducting a study evaluating hormones in patients with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) and healthy controls.

He is looking for individuals with ME/CFS to participate. Participants must be female and 18‐45 years old.

Participation in the study involves

(1) an online questionnaire and

(2) two study visits at Stanford University with blood draws and endocrine testing.

There is no cost to participate in the study. Participants will be compensated $200 USD for completion of the study. If you are interested in participating or have any questions, please contact the study coordinator at (650) 723 8126 or by email to tlieb@stanford.edu.

*GG*

Where are you getting this information from, by calling them? Do you need to Register for the site to see this info?

Want to possibly pass it along, but if this info is not readily available online. I probably will not, people don't often have the energy for that, and this study requires 2 separate visits? $200 does not cover the cost of travel unless you are nearby.

GG

Dolphin

Where are you getting this information from, by calling them? Do you need to Register for the site to see this info?
Yes you have to register to see the information. But he basically said he is doing the work pro bono so I imagine shouldn't be unhappy with it being posted elsewhere.

I have no more specific information on this request.