Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Stanford researchers uncover patterns in how scientists lie about their data

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by leela, Nov 16, 2015.

1. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    http://news.stanford.edu/news/2015/november/fraud-science-papers-111615.html

2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    I have been making similar points about PACE which is full of obfuscating language. Interesting that it appears to be more common.

3. adreno

adreno PR activist

Send them the PACE paper. I'd like to see their evaluation of it.

leela, Valentijn, alex3619 and 5 others like this.
  4. SOC

SOC

Better yet, ask Coyne to ask them to evaluate it. I imagine the Stanford folks would take him more seriously than they'd take us. Or, since it's Stanford, maybe Ron Davis could ask them to run an eye over it.

Not that they will, because that research is over and they're on to other things probably. But one has one's dreams....

leela and Valentijn like this.
  5. Antares in NYC

Antares in NYC Senior Member

USA
    While you are at it, send them a few papers from the IDSA Lyme researchers. Particularly those studies from the same small circle of researchers with the suspiciously narrow criteria and small samples, that always produce the same pre-conceived results. Like the one in this petition: https://www.change.org/p/the-us-sen...stigation-of-the-cdc-idsa-and-aldf/u/14006106

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    leela likes this.
  6. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

7. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    At the very least you have to presume the research could be wrong. That is the point of science. Always allow for things to be wrong. Question. Investigate. Do further research.

See more popular forum discussions.