• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Stanford Neuroendocrine Study now recruiting females age 18-45 in Bay Area

CBS

Recently the Stanford Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) Initiative began recruiting for the neuroendocrine study.

http://med.stanford.edu/content/dam/sm/chronicfatiguesyndrome/documents/Ad for Cases.pdf

Dr. Jose G. Montoya, Professor of Medicine at Stanford, is conducting a study investigating the endocrine system in patients with
Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) and healthy controls.

He is looking for individuals with ME/CFS to participate in the study.

Participants must be female and 18 ‐ 45 years old.

Participation in the study involves an online questionnaire and two study visits at Stanford with blood draws and endocrine testing.

There is no cost to participate in the study.

Participants will be compensated $200 for completion of the study.

If you are interested in participating or have any questions, please contact the study coordinator, Jill Anderson, at (650) 723-9711.

For general information about participant rights, contact 1‐866-680-2906.

Kati

Patient in training
Wonder why it's female only. I'd participate otherwise.
Because men and women are differntly wired when it comes to the neuro-endocrine system.

Dr Klimas' team has been very good at recruiting men for studies, especially comparative to Gulf War Illness. I bet they are still recruiting men with ME.

Because men and women are differntly wired when it comes to the neuro-endocrine system.
And its a lot more expensive to get enough patients and controls to account for all of the differences and allow for the possibility of statistical significance between the gender-based subgroups.