The Power and Pitfalls of Omics: George Davey Smith’s storming talk at ME/CFS conference
Read about the talk that stole the show at a recent ME/CFS conference in Simon McGrath's two-part blog.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Stanford metabolic testing

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by aquariusgirl, Jul 29, 2017.

1. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

Can anyone link me to a site where I can order the metabolic testing of the kind that Whitney Dafoe had? TY

Mel9 and ebethc like this.
  2. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

I'm no expert, so I'm happy to be corrected, but as far as I'm aware that level of testing is not currently commercially available.

Actually just found
    http://www.meaction.net/2016/06/04/ron-davis-errors-metabolism/

ETA: @Ben Howell @Janet Dafoe (Rose49) can you correct anything that I might have wrong here? Thanks :)

Valentijn and Ben H like this.
  3. Ben H

Ben H OMF Correspondent

U.K.
    Unless anything has recently changed, this is all correct.

Metabolon doesn't offer commercial testing, however Laurel Crosby at Stanford Genome Technology Centre (SGTC) is working on a version that would be commercial per se.

One issue is even if you did have the test, the data is very complex because of the amount of metabolites tested. Its not interpretable like the Genova(?) TCA urine test you can have. Laurel is working on this issue too, making it easier to interpret however her main focus is the daily work at SGTC in solving the disease so the commercial test is on the backburner.

This is the last I heard, anyhows. As soon as things change, and you can get the test, I will be starting a thread :)

B

Aroa, Comet, Mary and 6 others like this.
  4. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

Thanks you guys. I thought Gordon Medical was offering something?

AndyPR and Neunistiva like this.
  5. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

See more popular forum discussions.