• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Stanford metabolic testing

AndyPR

Can anyone link me to a site where I can order the metabolic testing of the kind that Whitney Dafoe had? TY
I'm no expert, so I'm happy to be corrected, but as far as I'm aware that level of testing is not currently commercially available.

Actually just found
Metabolomics is very expensive because it needs some very high-tech equipment, and that limits sample size. The study was only possible because the work was done at cost by new company Metabolon. In fact, Ron’s son Whitney Dafoe was the first person ever studied using Metabolon’s new process. So far, just three sick patients were studied, and were compared with 43 controls.
http://www.meaction.net/2016/06/04/ron-davis-errors-metabolism/

ETA: @Ben Howell @Janet Dafoe (Rose49) can you correct anything that I might have wrong here? Thanks :)

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
I'm no expert, so I'm happy to be corrected, but as far as I'm aware that level of testing is not currently commercially available.

Actually just found

http://www.meaction.net/2016/06/04/ron-davis-errors-metabolism/

ETA: @Ben Howell @Janet Dafoe (Rose49) can you correct anything that I might have wrong here? Thanks :)

Unless anything has recently changed, this is all correct.

Metabolon doesn't offer commercial testing, however Laurel Crosby at Stanford Genome Technology Centre (SGTC) is working on a version that would be commercial per se.

One issue is even if you did have the test, the data is very complex because of the amount of metabolites tested. Its not interpretable like the Genova(?) TCA urine test you can have. Laurel is working on this issue too, making it easier to interpret however her main focus is the daily work at SGTC in solving the disease so the commercial test is on the backburner.

This is the last I heard, anyhows. As soon as things change, and you can get the test, I will be starting a thread :)

B