• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Stanford 2015 Spring Newsletter

leelaplay

Sasha: "I found that a little hard to read so I've selected the research news, flagged up exciting stuff in red, and broken up the text."

Thanks so much for this Sasha. It's incredibly useful. I was also excited about the number of papers published and the ones on their way. I initially posted to see if anyone would be up to colour-coding published papers one colour and ones in the pipeline another as I would do it myself if I were up to it but am not right now. Fortunately I was able to keep reading and found that Simon posted a summary of the papers further down the thread. Thank you Simon!

Last edited:

jimells

Well yes, I think realistically in 10 years things will have changed. However, for me, personally, at this rate I'll be in heaven before we get help as I can't hold on much longer.

I second the emotion. I have more and more days when I seriously wonder how much longer I can stand to live this way, all the while steady getting sicker and unable to get help for daily living. Can I really survive another three years, waiting for the Norwegians to finish their phase III studies?

I understand their need to proceed carefully in order to withstand the coming onslaught from Sir Simon and criminal co-conspirators. In the meantime, since Rituxan is well understood in general and apparently widely used in cancer treatment, why do we have to wait for doctors to start using it off-label? (Besides the politics, of course)

I'd sure like to stay alive long enough to spit in the face of all those "physicians" who have insisted that I am a malingerer and a drug seeker and an attention seeker.

Kati

Patient in training
In the meantime, since Rituxan is well understood in general and apparently widely used in cancer treatment, why do we have to wait for doctors to start using it off-label? (Besides the politics, of course)

Simple. Here in Canada drs are discouraged to use off-label drugs.

But another simple answer is that people cannot infuse Rituxan in the comfort of their own home. It is tricky to infuse, there are infusion reactions which need to be closely monitored. It needs to be titered properly and administered safely.