1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Staci Stevens Conceptual Model for Physical Therapist Management of CFS/ME

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by shrewsbury, Mar 1, 2010.

1. shrewsbury

shrewsbury member

Staci Stevens has been another of my heroes as she's the only person I've seen doing realistic work on "exercise" and ME/CFS - recognizing and even measuring post-exertional malaise, recognizing that aerobic exercise is harmful and warning against it........... Such a realistic breath of good science. The Video from the Calgary 08(?) conference was brilliant (I did post it here, but too tired to look for the link right now).

As Stevens is maybe the best known of the authors, I put her name on the title here. This is another instance where I can't get the full article. I'm curious as to what the article says - quite broad-reaching goals are set. Anyone? Please?

2. dsdmom

dsdmom Senior Member

Hi - I was able to get this via a friend. I will post in Library. I haven't read it yet - looking forward to it and hoping it might have some good info for my PT.

ETA: The "lead" author's name (or first one listed) is Davenport, so it is under Davenport in the Library.

3. shrewsbury

shrewsbury member

thank you so much dsdmom! I'm looking forward to reading it.

if:)

4. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Nearly finished reading the paper. Although there is some good observations, there are a few bits I'm unhappy with. Maybe others have time to write more.

5. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Staci Stevens also has ME/CFS.

6. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Don't know about others, but I knew that.
    Do people know that her exercise intervention was tested in a study by Leonard Jason and others in 2007* and it didn't come out that well. Pacing came out a lot better.
    As an aside, this paper doesn't menton that study.

7. alishaerin

alishaerin

Thanks for sharing the info!!!

Chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME) is one cause of clinically debilitating fatigue. The underdiagnosis of CFS/ME, along with the spectrum of symptoms that represent multiple reasons for entry into physical therapy settings.:Retro redface:

The cause of CFS is unknown, but the condition may be related to infection with effects on the immune system.:worried:

Lexington Massage Therapy

Deep Tissue Massage Lexington KY

See more popular forum discussions.