• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ssa-255-OCR-SM

PLEASE HELP! I got the short ss disability update machine read 2 pp form. I have a lot of diagnoses, but when I applied the company helping me listed pots Dysautonomia first which has no ss code. On my form ssa-255-OCR-SM my diagnosis is 2480=medically established disability but no ssa code. Item 5a asks reason for my dr visits (not their names & no records). I need to know from someone who knows FOR SURE what to fill in the boxes for visit reasons when ur listed as the "no code disability" & btw, I'm scored as severe & not expected to work again. My form is DUE! It's late! I even talked to an atty aquaintance who said give too much info. Everyone says don't fill out the remarks section or attach anything. So do I a. List general terms like pots Dysautonomia & be consistent with the 2480 code or do I list all the subdx with codes? This form is after u were approved and u can only mess it up and trigger a full review. All other items I know how to answer. Pls help me & then I can tell u how I initially got approved on my first try. Please help ASAP! Thank you.