• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Spreading the Word"

alex3619

This article touches many of the major points quite eloquently, but this is of more use for those who are new to the arguments. We keep demonstrating the wheel to the naysayers, and they keep saying it cannot work even though we prove it does, again and again and again. Journalism is a failing profession globally, largely due to economic factors, but maintaining journalistic standards is one of the things needed to save the profession.

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
Comment from Dr. Nigel Speight
https://spoonseeker.com/2016/12/09/spreading-the-word/#comment-817
Lets be grateful for the extent to which MD/Phil Hammond has got it right. It is remarkable considering that Bath puts so much emphasis on CBT and GET He doesn’t seem to be aware of the abuse of families by child Protection proceedings – maybe we should try to open a dialogue with him

Actually, CBT is not the “only” therapy shown to be supposedly effective in ME. Immunoglobulin has also been shown to be effective in RCTs, and the York review for the CMO’s report highlighted this, only for any mention of IgG to be omitted from the summary. it is even mentioned in the 2004 Paediatric College guidelines, though discounted then on grounds of “risk from blood products” (in fact the UK uses IgG from the USA, free from CJD)

If it were not for the influence of the psychiatric lobby there would have been further trials of IgG. Of course, the fact that it can work (at least on some people) rather undermines the psychogenic theory

I attach a list of references

And of course there is Rituximab

Nigel Speight

slysaint

extracts:
"Dr Hammond has his own ideas about what it will take to get the message about PACE across. He says: “For the PACE researchers to accept (the) reanalysis would require it to be published in a credible, peer-reviewed journal with independent analysis that is free from bias.” I hope he will forgive me for a few moments while I split my sides laughing at that one. PACE itself was peer-reviewed and look what howlers got through that process."

"As the godfather of PACE, Sir Simon Wessely, inadvertently revealed, they always knew exactly where they wanted to get to. They simply made whatever adjustments they needed in order to get there. They live in a world where they are right, patients are wrong, and the facts can be changed to support that. I doubt they’re open to any kind of reason."

"If you are reading this Dr Hammond – and I know you have found your way to my blog before – then I am grateful for the two articles you have written, but I wish you’d go on and finish the job. You called this latest article ‘Trial on Trial’ but in fact you only mentioned PACE in passing. There is so much more to be said. I really do believe that the whole issue of PACE – and ME in general – would be an excellent subject for a Private Eye expose. Someone is going to make their mark on history – to say nothing of helping a lot of sick people – by writing it sometime, so it might as well be you. Then maybe you will be able to give up the day job… Which all in all might be for the best."

:thumbsup:

Last edited: