Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

"Spreading the Word"

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Dolphin, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Woolie, barbc56, ahimsa and 10 others like this.
  2. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

barbc56 likes this.
  3. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    This article touches many of the major points quite eloquently, but this is of more use for those who are new to the arguments. We keep demonstrating the wheel to the naysayers, and they keep saying it cannot work even though we prove it does, again and again and again. Journalism is a failing profession globally, largely due to economic factors, but maintaining journalistic standards is one of the things needed to save the profession.

4. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years Hoarder of biscuits

USA
    Comment from Dr. Nigel Speight
    https://spoonseeker.com/2016/12/09/spreading-the-word/#comment-817

Woolie, Comet, alex3619 and 5 others like this.
  5. slysaint

slysaint Senior Member

W. Sussex UK
    extracts:
    "Dr Hammond has his own ideas about what it will take to get the message about PACE across. He says: “For the PACE researchers to accept (the) reanalysis would require it to be published in a credible, peer-reviewed journal with independent analysis that is free from bias.” I hope he will forgive me for a few moments while I split my sides laughing at that one. PACE itself was peer-reviewed and look what howlers got through that process."

"As the godfather of PACE, Sir Simon Wessely, inadvertently revealed, they always knew exactly where they wanted to get to. They simply made whatever adjustments they needed in order to get there. They live in a world where they are right, patients are wrong, and the facts can be changed to support that. I doubt they’re open to any kind of reason."

"If you are reading this Dr Hammond – and I know you have found your way to my blog before – then I am grateful for the two articles you have written, but I wish you’d go on and finish the job. You called this latest article ‘Trial on Trial’ but in fact you only mentioned PACE in passing. There is so much more to be said. I really do believe that the whole issue of PACE – and ME in general – would be an excellent subject for a Private Eye expose. Someone is going to make their mark on history – to say nothing of helping a lot of sick people – by writing it sometime, so it might as well be you. Then maybe you will be able to give up the day job… Which all in all might be for the best."

:thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    TreePerson likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.