The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Spoonie Radio: Suzanne Vernon, Solve ME/CFS biobank, research, IOM report

Discussion in 'Institute of Medicine (IOM) Government Contract' started by Nielk, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Nielk

Nielk

http://www.drcourtneycraig.com/blog/2015/4/4/spoonie-radio-ep-09-suzanne-vernon

Interview with Suzanne Vernon; includes full transcript.

Excerpt:

my bold

So, the IOM criteria which are diagnostic criteria are being used as research criteria. Why am I not surprised?

oceiv likes this.
  2. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Dr. Vernon has been consistent in her actions. She contacted most of the signatories to the letter to then Secretary Sebelius asking them whether they wished to disavow their protest against the IOM contract. But in the weeks that followed, the experts' letter urging that the CCC be adopted for research and clinical purposes garnered even greater support.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  3. Nielk

Nielk

It is also interesting to note that the one Dr. who listened to Vernon was Dr. Bateman. Dr. Bateman is now working in tandem with SMCI on the research from the half a million dollar grant received from the Falk Medical Trust. which is now using the IOM criteria. All the dots are starting to connect.

Wildcat likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.