• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sponsorship please for James C. Coyne "PACE scandal" event in Belfast 9th Feb

Keela Too

Sally Burch
James C Coyne will be speaking at two events in Belfast in early February 2016.

The second of these, on Tuesday 9th February, is to be held in Parliament Buildings, Stormont, and is aimed at medical professionals and key decision makers for Northern Ireland. (The first event will be held in Belfast Castle on Sunday 7th February and is open to all).

Hope 4 ME & Fibro Northern Ireland are co-hosting this event with Jo-Anne Dobson MLA. We are currently sending out invitations and compiling delegate information packs.

Our charity is run entirely by patient volunteers and we receive no core government funding. We rely entirely on small government grants, voluntary donations and fundraising events to make ends meet.

This event is part of our campaign towards establishing a consultant led clinic based on sound biomedical principles (such as the CCC) for Northern Ireland. Also we hope it will add pressure to the demand for an urgent review of the UK NICE guidelines for "CFS/ME".

The Stormont talk will be recorded (thanks to sponsorship from the Irish ME Trust) and we hope to make the resulting video available on You Tube soon after the event .

Should any of our friends on PR wish to sponsor this event (even a couple of ££ will allow us to put more material in the information packs) then please use this link.

https://mydonate.bt.com/events/jamescoyneni/271212

Alternatively donations can be made using Paypal to: hope4mefibro@outlook.com
(Please state in the comment box that your donation is intended to be used for this event.)

Many thanks.

Sally Burch
Trustee Hope 4 ME & Fibro NI

Little by little, hopefully we can chip away at the biopsychosocial school's hold over the treatments we are offered! :)

Good luck promoting the event and working to attract a good audience. I have no idea how to do things like that. Would getting constituents/patients to promote it directly to MPs/doctors be useful? (You probably already have a plan).

Biscuits! Everyone comes to meetings for biscuits.